1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Link hover problem

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Kaiser, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

Well upgrading to beta 4, and reverting templates really messed up some things on my theme, but Brogran helped me with those. I found another problem, when I hover over a link or click this is what happens any ideas, or can you tell me what to do?

2. Floris

Floris Guest

And this is with a completely new theme- re-applying your customizations to it?
  3. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

4. Floris

Floris Guest

try right clicking in chrome > inspect elements > and see which a:hover is set at, where, and if you can uncheck it to figure out if you get the right one.
  5. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

I think the problem is the color of the text when highlighted can you kindly tell me what to change or do.
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That link and background color is in this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> xenforo.css

.ugc a:hover,
    		.ugc a:focus
    			background: @secondaryLightest url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png') repeat-x top;
    			color: @secondaryDarker;
  7. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

this is a property that should be editable from the style manager.
    i am really trying to avoid directly editing the css templates. that always seems to turn into a nightmare come update time ;) if i were to add an alternative .ugc a:hover and .ugc a:focus in additional.css, would it over-ride the css in xenforo.css then?
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

dieketzer likes this.
  9. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

thanks for that.
    i have another question about extra.css, but ill post it into that thread.