XF 1.5 Link Forum with "Latest Message" possible?

t0daY

Helly Everyone,

I got a small question :) Is it possible to display the Latest Message on a linked forum in the node tree?
I am quite new to all of this, hope my question is not too dumb :/ Maybe we can work something out with dark black vodoo magic?

6N6gJIT.png

Best regards and greetings from Germany,
Manuel

I'm not familiar with any which will just add a single thread to the forum index.

There is the widget framework which may do it but I haven't used it so can't confirm.

I have an add-on which allows threads to be 'featured' and displayed on the forum index, amongst other things, but it's not free and is likely overkill for what you want as it includes portal functionality, etc.

There may be others - you can try searching the resources.

There is the widget framework which may do it but I haven't used it so can't confirm.
I can confirm that it can be done with widget framework however I don't know if a renderer is included for a single thread (there is one for a thread with a poll which I believe only grabs the poll).

I myself made a renderer for a single thread myself long before many of the new/current stock widget types were included but have not touched it for a while.

That said, I never uploaded mine anywhere and am in the middle of a move so mine is off the table for now and custom development is expensive so it might be worth trying Brogans featured threads addon if you can make use of any other part of it as well.

Thanks for the answers guys! I think Brogan was talking about CTA Featured Threads or? I was thinking about it but we are not a big community and the plugin is another 40 pounds :O

Top Bottom