Link Directory (LD) [Deleted]

I think there is something wrong with phrase:

Edit Phrase: ld_all_link_submissions_are_carefully_reviewed_and_will_be_approved_by_a_moderator

html is not working, when i press save, it also take long time to update,

old version was working, new version has bug,

tank you.

I think there is something wrong with phrase:

Edit Phrase: ld_all_link_submissions_are_carefully_reviewed_and_will_be_approved_by_a_moderator

html is not working, when i press save, it also take long time to update,

old version was working, new version has bug,
Please post a screenshot of the phrase you are editing including the HTML-code you are entering.

This issue does not seem to be related to the LD-Addon.

dear au lait sir,

here is the screenshot

before edit
1.webp

after edit
2.webp

as you can see, after i press save, new text not show, also html <br> not show

i disable all my add-ons but same problem,

only this phrase has problem,

other phrase no problem

222.webp

i dont know
i will try install add-on again

Last edited:
So I've asked au lait on a PM but didn't get much answer. I even gave him access to help me but, I paid for what I get %&$&$
I keep getting the extra play symbol or whatever that is due to the addition of the frame widget I have to make in order for the newest links to show on my sidebar. Does anyone here know how in the world I can show ONLY the newest links box without having to create a new section in widget framework?

This is how it looks right now with no title
View attachment 132040

@au lait the support for the widget framework needs some attention

not only is the links directory sidebar styled differently , instead for having list of possibilities in the link directory settings
it should be under "Widget Type:" so we can display more than one box via tabs

see .... www.mymilitia.com

how it should look

View attachment 132221

how it does look

View attachment 132222

fixed added in the next version

Screen_11042016190413.webp

au lait updated Link Directory (LD) with a new update entry:

Version 2.8

[add] "Add Link" Button to bottom
[add] Detailed Page
[add] Add link "Detailed Page"

[fixed] "Undefined index" -> mostlikes etc.
[fixed] For some, update problems with v2.7
[fixed] template bugs CSS/Template problems

[changes] Order "Order by"
[changes] WidegetFramework - All modules added individually
- Now is also "widget Group"

Read the rest of this update entry...

1) no
2) no - Good idea! Could I add

If you add reciprocal link checks, make sure it's optional or by permission based by user groups. On one site, I would use this for a specific user group. On another site, I wouldn't need this at all.

Any plans to implement an editor for the description field? With an editor, we can add extra links, insert icons, etc.

That sounds like it would bulk things up with the possibility of people spamming extra links and nonsense into something that should be nice and clean.

I certainly wouldn't want my description fields to become small blog posts. I've got them super clean and loading pretty fast right now.

The only thing left is to add location fields option and have little maps for each link and then a big map that has all links

@au lait

is it possible to disable the option for webmasters to "screenshot" thumbnails? I only want OG images or uploads. They usually look more attractive and get more clicks.

I can comment it out, but it's better if it's an option to remove that for people who don't need it. I'd like it to be completely disabled if possible so users don't even have the option to do that.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have not installed these last two versions yet, but I think my question may have been missed with everything else that has been going on so I will ask for this again.

Is there anyway you could also add a default category selection?

Right now you have the two below options

Default value -> Create Thread

Default value -> Watch this thread

Can you add one for the category so it will automatically be selected in the drop down menu already?

Thanks...

How would that work when there is no address in the listing?

I imagine adding any sort of maps would also add bulk and processing to the addon that wouldn't benefit most people. It may look cool to show maps, but imagine the user experience if it slows down load times.

Maybe @au lait can make a separate business directory that extends the capability of the link directory. That way people who need it can purchase the extras and anyone else can leave that part out.

Top Bottom