XF 1.3 Limiting "show author location" Message Element.

UKD

Is there any way to limit the amount of text that could be input into this field?

I think it is an interesting addition to the mini-profile next to each post a user makes, the only problem is when a user types too much it breaks into its own line and looks awful. I would want to limit it to around 10 characters. Would this be possible?

Hopefully somebody know something about this? Thank you.

Create a custom location field and set how many characters people are able to use. Then hide the XenForo core one.

Thanks so much, this worked brilliantly and you can even set it to be present at registration :).

My only problem now is how do I remove the default location that is built into Xenforo, because now I have 2 and it looks terrible :(.

Thanks so much, this worked brilliantly and you can even set it to be present at registration :).

My only problem now is how do I remove the default location that is built into Xenforo, because now I have 2 and it looks terrible :(.

Edit the templates it appears in and comment it out.

Thanks for the help but I don't know what template it appears in and I have been searching and can't find it anywhere. I also have been searching through these forums and on Google but can't find anything on it.

Is there absolutely no way I can limit the number of characters used for the default "Location"? and even changed the name "Location" to something else, such as "Based" to allow more characters to be used. Right now it obviously goes on to another line and looks terrible and out of place. A simple limit would sort that out. As far as i'm aware the default location field does actually have a limit on it, it's just higher than what I would want it to be, so surely I can edit that value? I just need to find it and I don't even know where to start.

If anyone has any ideas that would be much appreciated!

I am looking for the value that relates to this message:

value.webp

Hopefully somebody knows where it is. It has to be in a template, right?

Top Bottom