• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Limited Guest Viewing -- Motivate Guests to Register

I have installed your mod and logged out but its letting me view as many threads as I want, I even cleared my cache and installed it twice.

I have installed your mod and logged out but its letting me view as many threads as I want, I even cleared my cache and installed it twice.

You are having the same problem like georgino and a couple of other users. That is due to the server configuration at your host. I pm'ed you the fix for that. Please let me know how it will go for you.

I vouch for this mod great one. I wish there will be an update which where the error message for guest appear when they read like 3 different thread, and not 3 times the same thread but great mod.

You are having the same problem like georgino and a couple of other users. That is due to the server configuration at your host. I pm'ed you the fix for that. Please let me know how it will go for you.

Hey I think I'm having that problem as well. I have a dedicated server... Which is the medicine?

Now the mod is updated to limit the thread views to those users waiting email account confirmation as well...
I'm more than slightly worried about unconfirmed users filling out their profiles with things that may be considered 'not good'. Could this product help with that?

To test it with an account that waits email confirmation log in at my forum with the username and password: test. And the exluded forum from the limit is the Premium Mods forum here:

<link>
The link seems to no longer be working, at least not for me.

I'm more than slightly worried about unconfirmed users filling out their profiles with things that may be considered 'not good'. Could this product help with that?

The link seems to no longer be working, at least not for me.

No, it does not do that. It will limit unconfirmed users to view the forum only.

I had changed the forum url and I forgot to update the link. Thank you for bringing that to my attention :)

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined property: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::$params - library/MaxViewGuests/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:37
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 3:19 PM

Stack Trace
#0 /home//public_html/forum/library/MaxViewGuests/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(37): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
#1 /home//public_html/forum/library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(9): MaxViewGuests_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#2 /home//public_html/forum/library/Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/Index.php(8): EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex()
#3 /home//public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_Index->actionIndex(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home//public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#5 /home//public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(94) "http://www..com/forum/threads//"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I get this error flooding my error page in ACP. I have over 200+ guests on at a time and still only about 35+ users since losing my VB Mod of this. When I attempt to view the page limit as a guest it seems to work but I don't know what all the other guests are seeing.

Can you please uninstall the other mods, clear the error log and see if the errors will pop up again?

No I regret deleting my hundreds of pages of Errors three days ago :/

This has been going on since before portal but I don't have a copy of the error log. Sadly removing either of these would not be beneficial to my community.

No I regret deleting my hundreds of pages of Errors three days ago :/

This has been going on since before portal but I don't have a copy of the error log. Sadly removing either of these would not be beneficial to my community.

The thing is that I do not get those errors at my forum where I have instaleld the mod. And no other users have reported of getting such errros. Hence my sugegstion to uninstall the other mods temporarily to see if it was one of them that is giving the error.

Top Bottom