Add-on Limit Uploads / Attachment Total Images Stored

Davey-UK

I am looking for a simple addon or edit that will allow me to impose a limit on a specific usergroup.
I want to limit the amount of images they store on my server via "upload a file". I basically want a paid usergroup to be allowed 60 images to be uploaded before getting a message telling them they are at their limit.
I can then direct them to a further upgrade to allow another subscription, to upload a further number.
Message me if you think you can do it.
Thanks
Dave

Im not being funny here, but the quotes for this mod have been nothing less than $100. The forum software is $140??
get in the real world!
Put this mod up as an addon for $100 and how many will you sell????
Thats right, ZERO! You may be better than me, but its pathetic, especially when it will be a feature in the coming releases.

Im not being funny here, but the quotes for this mod have been nothing less than $100. The forum software is $140??
get in the real world!
Put this mod up as an addon for $100 and how many will you sell????
Thats right, ZERO! You may be better than me, but its pathetic, especially when it will be a feature in the coming releases.
Yes, XenForo sells for $140 but there's an expectation by the developers that they will sell quite a few copies. ;)

An add-on, coded for an individual, can easily cost a 3 or even a 4 figure sum depending on the complexity of the add-on. It's only if the add-on is going to be sold to many users that you will get a lower cost.

$100 would pay for 2 hours development time.
I would charge more than that.

Perhaps you should get a little perspective on the amount of work required and the current hourly rates for developers?

Thanks @Brogan for clarifying this. Many community members mix the concept of custom work with pre-made products. He's not the first member to talk about such issue but there are many out there who thinks the custom work should not cost more than $50 for any kind of custom development.

Yes, XenForo sells for $140 but there's an expectation by the developers that they will sell quite a few copies. ;)

An add-on, coded for an individual, can easily cost a 3 or even a 4 figure sum depending on the complexity of the add-on. It's only if the add-on is going to be sold to many users that you will get a lower cost.

Thanks @Martok :)

Some developers do undersell themselves too. I would be weary of a developer who doesn't value their skills highly enough to charge a decent rate.

Top Bottom