XF 2.0 Limit signatures to new members?

djbaxter

in memoriam 1947-2022
I'm pretty sure we had this in XF1.5...

Can I limit permission for signature for new members by post count and optionally days registered?

Yes but nowhere in that list is there an option to require X posts/messages or X days registered that I can see. Am I missing something?

I realize that I could accomplish this by adding a new usergroup like "Full Member" based on posts and days registered but I'm reluctant to do that with the Xenforo hierarchical permissions system.

Yes but nowhere in that list is there an option to require X posts/messages or X days registered that I can see. Am I missing something?

Yes, that is just a user group. As mentioned, you'd create a promotion so that when those x messages critters are met, they are promoted to a group with signature permissions that you set to suit what you want.

It can definitely be done using a user group promotion as has already been pointed out, so you don't need for an add-on for this aspect.
Yes I understand that - see above:

I realize that I could accomplish this by adding a new usergroup like "Full Member" based on posts and days registered but I'm reluctant to do that with the Xenforo hierarchical permissions system.

Why is that? Being able to do things like that is one of the main benefits of their inheritance :)

Top Bottom