Limit Number of Likes

Amaury

It would be great if the number of likes given could be limited, similar to what vBulletin does with reputation:
  • You cannot like more than X posts in a 24-hour time frame.
  • You cannot like Member's posts again until you have liked at least X other members' posts.

Thoughts?

The Likes system works because it is so simple and easy to use.

Creating barriers towards members liking content is only going to turn them off it.

If I encountered an error when trying to like a post because I was forced to like another member's post first, I just wouldn't bother clicking Like again.

I agree with Brogan, keeping the Likes system simple and easy to use is best to prevent turning people off using it. I for one (and I'm sure I'm not alone) wouldn't like to be dictated to by the software that I can't like a post until I like someone else's or I have to wait 24 hours to like a post!

Thanks for your guys' input so far.

I created this and the other two threads regarding likes because of this thread over on another forum, and I wanted to see what people here thought.

It would be great if the number of likes given could be limited, similar to what vBulletin does with reputation:
  • You cannot like more than X posts in a 24-hour time frame.

Thoughts?

That 1 would be a great addition, on some forums that can come in really handy
And i do get the arguement not wanting to create barriers for the users, but thats also something every board owner using xenforo should be able to decide himself, different sorts of boards have different needs

Top Bottom