Limit number of edits within a time frame

Mr Lucky

I'm just wondering if there is an addon that can limit the number of edits within a specified time frame, e.g. 10 edits per week (but also based on forum permissions)

Ideally there would be an override for recently created posts so that people can fix typos within a short time period, e.g. unlimited number of edits with the first day of a post, thereafter the quota per week or whatever kicks in.

Me too if it doesn’t mean they can do things like edit (or remove text from) a whole raft of posts that then make all the following discussion meaningless

Does that happen a lot ?

There are post versioning addons that would allow you to revert to previous versions if needed.

You might want some old post editing cool down feature ... where you can only edit 2 posts per 4 hours older than 1 week and if you do a third a moderator is notified

Does that happen a lot ?
It's happened a few times, and the first time was disastrous, the member was obviously up all night editing out his posts. Second time was also bad. So ai now have edit time limit - but that stops legit edits.

There are post versioning addons that would allow you to revert to previous versions if needed.

I'm not sure what these are.

You might want some old post editing cool down feature ...
Yes, that is (I think) what I'm asking about. Disallow wholesale edits of old posts but one or two are OK

This might help you,

You might want some old post editing cool down feature ... where you can only edit 2 posts per 4 hours older than 1 week and if you do a third a moderator is notified
Here's my suggestion.

If a member edits more than 2 different posts in different threads older than X days, then they lose the ability to edit any posts until they given back.

Top Bottom