MG 2.2 Limit Number of Member Albums

penturners

Is there a way to limit the number of albums a user can create in an albums only category?

I have a "Member Albums" category and many users create a new album every time they upload a photo.

Several years later, bump!

Any resolution to this, perhaps an addon? Members have a hard TOTAL quota for all images, but nothing to limit the number of albums.

Stopping users from creating albums on a 1:1 basis is not a solution. Lets say that a user creates one or two albums, and then deletes one. With the kludgie solution suggested, they cannot create a replacement.

Any thoughts?

Such has been done in the past by others. Like many other useful features found for other forum platforms--our XF developers do not see the need to do anything about them and have left matters to the whims of third-party developers...

My post was intended to query if such an item had been created. While I am very good at finding things, sometimes a little helper app does not appear in searches. Note many AndyB, Ozzy and Bassman utilities as examples. The suggestion box can take a long time to never for a useful outcome. This is not conducive to the immediate needs of one's community development and maintenance process.

The best workaround I can find does not limit a number but provides 'in your face' reminders. Not exactly a total solution, but helpful to nudge those who vomit out large numbers of images per day--and unfortunately only works for gallery/albums and not for threads. Here is that solution:

Top Bottom