XF 1.1 Likes haven't imported.

Donny

I've replied to the import script I used here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vb4-importer.36391/page-7#post-519332

But I though I probably wont be able to get that running again without doing a fresh import (which I'm happy to do if that's the case), but I thought I'd ask here to generally see if anybody can help.

Likes have failed to import during a VB4.2 to XF1.1.4 - Seems as though it couldn't find the database table being used for whatever reason.

Is there a way to import these from one DB to another now? Or am I stuck with repeating the process and somehow telling the importer which DB table to import from?

I'll erase the site off the server and do a full fresh one. Though, I'm probably going to hit the same issue again. I've only just noticed really, done three imports now. And only this last one do I really want to keep the thousands of likes (the other two forums weren't particularly popular and were more sort of trial runs and live test forums).

Do I need to edit the script somewhere to tell it which table to use for the likes? It's managed to import everything else just fine. Just no likes or thanks.

Okay, I get the following error when trying to import VBSEO likes using the edited script provided.

Error
  • The existing data required by the data writer could not be found.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'thread_id'.
  • Please enter a value for the required field 'user_id'.
  • Please enter a valid name.
  • Please enter a valid message.

Okay I think I'm getting there. Should have read the threads properly.
So if I change the likes to reputation points, that imports as XF likes.

I'll try that one now. 6th go! ha

Okay I think I'm getting there. Should have read the threads properly.
So if I change the likes to reputation points, that imports as XF likes.

I'll try that one now. 6th go! ha

Yep.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-from-vb4-with-vbseo-to-latest-xen.46663/#post-503889

Then the vbseo likes will be imported as part of the positive reputation module. You don't need to run the other "thanks" or "likes" modules. Only "positive reputation" which is imported as likes.

Lads lads lads, I've sorted it.

Lesson is: just read the bloody threads correctly the first time.

I've changed vbseo likes to reputation points, then imported those as XF likes. As you've explained and I misread thrice.

I've managed to 301 redirect various VBSEO URL's too. I wish I'd have used category ID's for the old forums though, but oh well. I have on a couple so I'll be able to 301 the full URL list fully on those ones.

So I'm now on my 2nd fresh install (I think) and 3rd import from VB4 with VBSEO. Getting cleaner, quicker, and more accurate each time too!

Got another 14 forums to go!
Need to flog this old VB & VBSEO junk in the mean time so I have some extra cash for more XF licenses!! :)

I have a couple of automotive forums that will need some garage system.
Anybody know of one? And one that can import somehow too?
(I can see me needing a developer for those ones)

Top Bottom