Implemented Like Profile Comments

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Would be nice. An additional feature request here... A report function too. User profiles are likely to be targeted by spammers to post links. I have seen it happen on my vB forum. Hopefully, it would be easy to clean up spam and ban spammers from here.

Would be nice. An additional feature request here... A report function too. User profiles are likely to be targeted by spammers to post links. I have seen it happen on my vB forum. Hopefully, it would be easy to clean up spam and ban spammers from here.
Users can moderate their own profile comments, there is a delete function for the profile owner, and a report function for the statuses, but not the comments (which people can delete anyway)

think of a situation where spammers start posting links on their own profile pages/comments. what happens then? moderators cannot really go through all the profiles on a regular basis! also... there are going to profiles of people who are no longer active on the forum. these are going to become good destinations for spam comments! just a thought!

i actually had to disable the blog component on my vb4 installation because they were not very popular and were being targeted heavily by spammers. i keep my eye on the forum so rarely got to see the spam posted on blogs.

i guess profile pages are already being used for such spam which are not noticed by regular members. no idea how other deals with it. blocking posting of links in profile page posts/comments?

I agree with OperaManiac. While having visitor notes, and comments is great....Spammy comments is useless. It actually hurts your forum than it helps.

think of a situation where spammers start posting links on their own profile pages/comments. what happens then?
I usually catch those when they first register. My ban/spam list is quite extensive. And the ones that do make it thru the first check of IP/email usually give themselves away with their signature.

i have had spammers that exclusively target profile pages and blogs. inactive ones! :)

they do not post on the forum hence i do not get to check them out so thoroughly.

To manually like something you can say
+1
That's what people did before Facebook.

I don't think Likes measure anything really ... so Adding Likes anywhere seems reasonable.

Top Bottom