1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Like Profile Comments

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Mikey, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Ala Facebook, I think it'd be nice to be able to 'like' comments on a status, so for example, I make a status and then someone comments on the status. (right now I can only delete), for example; http://xenforo.com/community/profile-posts/2062/ is a status, and then alot of people commented on it, I'd like to be able to 'like' those comments, if that makes sense. :)
  2. OperaManiac

OperaManiac Well-Known Member

Would be nice. An additional feature request here... A report function too. User profiles are likely to be targeted by spammers to post links. I have seen it happen on my vB forum. Hopefully, it would be easy to clean up spam and ban spammers from here.
    Shelley likes this.
  3. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Users can moderate their own profile comments, there is a delete function for the profile owner, and a report function for the statuses, but not the comments (which people can delete anyway)
  4. OperaManiac

think of a situation where spammers start posting links on their own profile pages/comments. what happens then? moderators cannot really go through all the profiles on a regular basis! also... there are going to profiles of people who are no longer active on the forum. these are going to become good destinations for spam comments! just a thought!

i actually had to disable the blog component on my vb4 installation because they were not very popular and were being targeted heavily by spammers. i keep my eye on the forum so rarely got to see the spam posted on blogs.

i guess profile pages are already being used for such spam which are not noticed by regular members. no idea how other deals with it. blocking posting of links in profile page posts/comments?
    Carlos likes this.
  5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I agree with OperaManiac. While having visitor notes, and comments is great....Spammy comments is useless. It actually hurts your forum than it helps.
  6. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

I usually catch those when they first register. My ban/spam list is quite extensive. And the ones that do make it thru the first check of IP/email usually give themselves away with their signature.
  7. OperaManiac

i have had spammers that exclusively target profile pages and blogs. inactive ones! :)

they do not post on the forum hence i do not get to check them out so thoroughly.
  8. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

I'm going to bump this one--I'd love to see this implemented (and if you do too, like the first post :)).
  9. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

I'm bumping this again, members missing this feature on my forums :p (liked the first post as well!)
  10. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

I think it would be a good idea :)
  11. Ned

Ned Member

I as well, would like to see this.
  12. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Good point Mikey and I agree. Liking comments would be a nice touch :)
  13. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

+1 for this suggestion.
  14. RobinHood

RobinHood Well-Known Member

+1 again for this, just noticed it's not possible
  15. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

+1 for this as my member keep requesting this.
  16. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

To manually like something you can say
    That's what people did before Facebook.

I don't think Likes measure anything really ... so Adding Likes anywhere seems reasonable.
  17. ashkir

ashkir Active Member

+1 -like-
  18. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

19. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Any update on this? That really would be a nice like/unline for profile post comments.

20. sweetpotato

sweetpotato Active Member

Vote for this : d