Like Limit Per Node by AddonsLab

Like Limit Per Node by AddonsLab 1.1.0

No permission to download

AddonsLab

AddonsLab submitted a new resource:

Like Limit Per Node by AddonsLab - Set limit on number of likes a user can make in a predefined time configured per node

The add-on allows setting limits on how many times a can like posts in a predefined time. The number of likes and the time limits are configurable from user group permissions, under Forum Permissions section. They can also be set on a per-node basis for each forum. The product also allows to set the maximum age of post, that can get likes. Posts older than this can't get any new likes.
View attachment 151338

The product also allows setting all limits globally, in product's settings...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, thanks for the fast development of this addon!
Already installed and it works fine. But i noticed two things:

- Unliking doesn't seem to work if you're above the limit
- One english phrase says: "No links are allowed in this forum." ("Links")

But great work. Thanks again!

Hi, thanks for the fast development of this addon!
Already installed and it works fine. But i noticed two things:

- Unliking doesn't seem to work if you're above the limit
- One english phrase says: "No links are allowed in this forum." ("Links")

But great work. Thanks again!

Thank you for the report. Checking it now and will release the fixed version soon.

Thank you!

This is working great. Thank you for releasing it. One question. I got it to work perfectly for liking on the forum, but is there any way to apply the cool-down to profile posts too? I can like an unlimited number of profile posts, comments on profile posts, etc, even with it installed.

This is working great. Thank you for releasing it. One question. I got it to work perfectly for liking on the forum, but is there any way to apply the cool-down to profile posts too? I can like an unlimited number of profile posts, comments on profile posts, etc, even with it installed.

Thank you for the feedback.

In XenForo every type of content can have "likes", and there is no way to implement a limitation on the number of likes everywhere, and this actually may not be desired. We can definitely implement the limit on profile posts and profile post comments as well. We will work on it, and release here once the enhancement is ready.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Like Limit Per Node by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

User profirle post/comment likes limit implemented

Hello everyone,

Here is another minor release implementing a user profile post/comments likes limit.

View attachment 152154 View attachment 152158

You can see the demo here - https://addonslab.com/members/

To update the add-on you need to re-upload product files from the upload folder and import the XML file from the package.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

I just upgraded to the latest version and the addon doesn't appear to be working as we need it now.

Registered users usergroup permissions is to create unlimited threads in unlimited time (Because we don't want to place a restriction on most of the nodes)

On our classifieds node, we have registered users able to create 1 thread every 72 hours. However, the unlimited in the usergroup permission is overriding the 1/72 limit on the node permission. This doesn't work for us because now users can create unlimited threads in our classified node.

I just upgraded to the latest version and the addon doesn't appear to be working as we need it now.

Registered users usergroup permissions is to create unlimited threads in unlimited time (Because we don't want to place a restriction on most of the nodes)

On our classifieds node, we have registered users able to create 1 thread every 72 hours. However, the unlimited in the usergroup permission is overriding the 1/72 limit on the node permission. This doesn't work for us because now users can create unlimited threads in our classified node.

Please leave the usergroup permissions for the usergroup itself as they are by default, and set up the permissions for the node only. Also put the node ID in product's settings page, so that it actually checks how many threads users made in that node, not board-wide. This should work. Let us know, if it still doesn't work, and we will test the specific scenario in depth and let you know.

Thank you!

If I leave the usergroup settings alone, nobody is able to post, or at least that was the problem immediately after we upgraded and the node ID is already in the settings page. We've been using this addon since the first version, but with the most recent upgrade, it stopped doing what we wanted.

What are the default usergroup permissions for the addon? I will go through the groups to make sure that everything is back to where it should be by default.

I just realized this is a different add-on. I need support with the post limit per node. I'll find that resource and post there.

Sorry about that.

I just realized this is a different add-on. I need support with the post limit per node. I'll find that resource and post there.

Sorry about that.

No problem, we are checking the other add-on with a clean install to reproduce your issue and fix it. Will inform there once fixed.

Thank you!

Top Bottom