Like Built-in Avatar Cropping - Nice Touch

Anthony Parsons

I like how you can move your avatar left or right for an instant crop in the avatar upload panel.

Add a vertical movement and bam... knock that sucker out of the park... impressive stuff guys.

Doesn't work on Firefox on Mac OSX or iPad though :(

I also like the way that profile picture is the same as avatar too, but the profile pic is the full size pic. Means the user doesn't have as much to do.

Edit: perhaps it's a problem with png images?

It moves up and down for me, but it doesn't alter my avatar when I click save.

Edit: uploaded another avatar and it works. Looks like for smaller image sizes it has problems with moving them up and down. That said it does state a suggested size when uploading.

There are so many nice touches and conviences built into XenForo, that it seems like every day I discover something new that makes me say: "wow, cool"
agreed. I'm loving the simplicity and speed, for starters. Then you come across those little things where you say, "Hey look at that!".

Works fine on Firefox for Mac OSX here.
Yes I've now got it working. I posted an image that was under the recommended dimensions. I could move it up and down but then on clicking "okay" it didn't do anything.

This was the image I uploaded if you want to see what I mean: http://www.pleasedsheep.com/forums/...sheepv1/psf_logo.png

Although it does state "We recommended using an image that is at least 200x200 pixels." So that's perhaps why. The image above is 104x136.

By the way the size recommendation "we recommended..." Should that not be... "It's recommended" ? Or even... "We recommend..." ? ;)

Top Bottom