1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lighttpd and MariaDB support

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Thomas Jepp, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Thomas Jepp

Thomas Jepp Member

Hi all,

Looking at XenForo to replace what is currently a phpBB3 install.

The webserver is running lighttpd with PHP5 with APC via FastCGI and MariaDB 5.2 instead of MySQL. Website content is served from a 6 disk RAID6, database is stored on SSD. The site is served over HTTP and HTTPS.

Is this similar to anyone else's setup? Can anyone predict any problems?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I doubt anyone has tried MariaDB. If it maintains MySQL compatibility across the query language, then it should be fine, but I've never tried it myself.
  4. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

I've used XenForo fine against MariaDB 5.2 fyi.
    Mike likes this.
  5. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

Right now I'm using MariaDB on my IPB site and I'm doing the test conversion and so far, it's allowed me to do the install and starting of the conversion so I would think it's compatible.
  6. Thomas Jepp

Thomas Jepp Member

There are a few tiny changes but it's nothing as drastic as Drizzle. I've not run into any issues yet - I was just looking for anyone else who has tried a similar setup. Deebs provides that, so I'm fairly happy. If I was desperate I could have just installed MySQL - it's my server.

And yes, it passes the compatibility script. ;)
  7. DeltaHF

DeltaHF Well-Known Member

I am running a test XenForo install on MariaDB without any issues. If anything, I would recommend it over MySQL considering MariaDB's use of Percona-XtraDB as its InnoDB storage engine.
  8. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

The incompatibilities listed are minimal, and I've been using Mario, although not with XenForo yet, and it does offer better performance. I'll see if I can try it with XenForo locally next week.
  9. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

XenForo works absolutely fine with MariaDB and I would also add with Percona MySQL 5.1.x and Percona MySQL 5.5.x