• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Add-on Lightbox FTUE

tonmo

This is probably not simple.

You know how apps and some websites offer an overlay to their page with arrows and tips on how to use the site or app? I want that for my site. FTUE = first time user experience.

I'd want it to be customizable so I could highlight the areas I want to educate on, and customize the associated text. It could be refreshed for all user groups when a major upgrade occurs.

It could present tips one at a time (Google does this) with next/skip options or it could simply be one giant overlay with an "ok, got it!" prompt to close out.

Would you use this?

Dadparvar

That's easy.
Just search for "Bootstrap Tour" or so. They are site tour (guide). You can find lots of different kind of it.
I upload some (4 different) examples that I used in my main site (they also have demo inside), but you can search to find what you like.

Attachments

Dadparvar

Unforunately I can't make it as an add-on. I make it manually always. (although there is a tour creator add-on for wordpress)
Hope one day we see a tour add-on for XF.

tonmo

ok, will check it out, maybe i can work it in myself (although it probably won't align with usergroups). Will explore. Thanks!

ForumCube

If you are interested for custom work, lets start chat with us. We can develop add-on that will perform similar actions for you.