Add-on Licensing - Who would be interested?

Should I release it as a paid addon?

• Yes

• No - It should be free

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
I've updated my licensing addon now, and I believe people wouldn't laugh if I released it.

What I want to know is, would anyone actually be interested in purchasing a license to use it, and if so, what's the highest amount (in GBP) you would pay?

The current version is integrated with the resource manager addon (if a license is owned, the purchase button turns to a download button, otherwise the purchase button opens an overlay requesting card details for Stripe), as well as the sitemap system (although that should be taken for granted really).

Each product has a HTML description, and there's a page for each product. A usergroup can be added to the user upon purchase, and there is support for updates etc.

So, would anyone be interested in using this addon? Should I release it?

Liam

As someone who has developed a similar add on, don't release it at all! :p

But in all seriousness, don't undersell yourself. If you have spent time coding it, you will spend time supporting it, and possibly spend time developing it further then you should definitely charge - I will be.

But in all seriousness, don't undersell yourself. If you have spent time coding it, you will spend time supporting it, and possibly spend time developing it further then you should definitely charge - I will be.

Very good point!

-----------------------------------------

I've attached some screens of the backend systems.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 19.03.54.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 19.03.54.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 19.03.21.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 19.03.21.webp
    53.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 19.03.29.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 19.03.29.webp
    46 KB · Views: 51
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 19.03.06.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 19.03.06.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 19.03.14.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 19.03.14.webp
    52 KB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 19.01.27.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 19.01.27.webp
    73.9 KB · Views: 53

The same opinion, any work deserves salary.

I've updated my licensing addon now, and I believe people wouldn't laugh if I released it.

What I want to know is, would anyone actually be interested in purchasing a license to use it, and if so, what's the highest amount (in GBP) you would pay?

Liam

£1.00

Liam i like your addons and your avatar.. but dont think in euros do it in us $ or better yet pesos.. so i can afford it.. lol

Liam i like your addons and your avatar.. but dont think in euros do it in us $ or better yet pesos.. so i can afford it.. lol

Better still, lets do it in Nigerian currency, then we'll all have to carry 30 suit cases of over-sized paper currency to the trucks and deliver it to Liam via convoy. (y)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Liam - Price it in the currency and amount to your preference.

Better still, lets do it in Nigerian currency, then we'll all have to carry 30 suit cases of over-sized paper currency to the trucks and deliver it to Liam via convoy. (y)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Liam - Price it in the currency and amount to your preference.

Thanks for cheering me up, I needed it when I got the email of this reply :)

Top Bottom