License using more then one account

Taylor J

Just wondering is the user system the same as it was for vBulletin where you could specify a email address that could have access to certain things/sites?

If so that is just pure awesome sauce lol. If not, is there a plan in the future to do that?

As a license for my skinning site will be acquired soon and it won't be on this account but I would still like to use this account as a personal one so I can ask questions that I don't want to ask on my skinning site one.

These are the terms of the license, taken from here: http://xenforo.com/license-agreement/
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the payment by You of the applicable fee for the Software, XenForo Limited grants You a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide license to install, download and use a single instance of the Software ("License") through a single installation. Each License may run one instance of the Software, accessible via one URL. Any attempt to circumvent this limitation is prohibited and will result in the License being revoked.
Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date. You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

With regards to XenForo.com, license holders can add up to 4 forum accounts to their customer account, which will enable those forum members to access the customer forums.

Just wondering is the user system the same as it was for vBulletin where you could specify a email address that could have access to certain things/sites?

If so that is just pure awesome sauce lol. If not, is there a plan in the future to do that?

As a license for my skinning site will be acquired soon and it won't be on this account but I would still like to use this account as a personal one so I can ask questions that I don't want to ask on my skinning site one.
When you buy a license, you specify an email to be associated with it. There can be 4 additional email accounts total per account.

So you could buy a license for your skinning site with email1, then if you are using email2 on your TheRevTastic account on xf.com - you could add email2 onto the other account.

Is that what you meant?

edit, apparently so :)

When you buy a license, you specify an email to be associated with it. There can be 4 additional email accounts total per account.

So you could buy a license for your skinning site with email1, then if you are using email2 on your TheRevTastic account on xf.com - you could add email2 onto the other account.

Is that what you meant?

edit, apparently so :)

Yes it is, thanks! But brogan beat you to it lol but I still appreciate the help.

Also I can't believe I misspelled "license" in the thread title.

Top Bottom