License Transfer, PayPal limiting transaction search

SneakyDave

This is an FYI to save your PayPal email receipts.

Recently I've transferred a license, and XenForo requires the PayPal Transaction ID or Cart ID of the original purchase to process the transfer.

In the past, PayPal allowed you to search and/or download all your transactions, but I noticed today that it only lets me go back 3 years, so my oldest XenForo purchase couldn't be found from 10/5/2010, even when I chose to include "archived" transactions.

Luckily, I still had the PayPal email of the receipt.

This is an FYI to save your PayPal email receipts.

Recently I've transferred a license, and XenForo requires the PayPal Transaction ID or Cart ID of the original purchase to process the transfer.

In the past, PayPal allowed you to search and/or download all your transactions, but I noticed today that it only lets me go back 3 years, so my oldest XenForo purchase couldn't be found from 10/5/2010, even when I chose to include "archived" transactions.

Luckily, I still had the PayPal email of the receipt.
http://xenforo.com/contact/

Yeah, it's sorted, the point was that PayPal limits how far back you can search for transactions now. I don't know when it started that, but I used to be able to download all transactions from any year.

Yeah, it's sorted, the point was that PayPal limits how far back you can search for transactions now. I don't know when it started that, but I used to be able to download all transactions from any year.
Wow. I'm glad I did financial stats early, because this would have hurt businesses who've dealt business on paypal. This is a bad idea on the part of PayPal, mostly because we need to go that far back to make sure our financial stuff is in order.

You can still go back to the old paypal UI which will show any transactions - just click 'classic site' in the footer

I'm having to use it regularly as they seem to have removed the ability to search by transaction ID or email in the new UI

Top Bottom