1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 License question

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by sami simo, May 3, 2013.

1. sami simo

sami simo Well-Known Member

My xenforo installation was installed in olddomain.com. I want to reinstall the same license in another domain, let’s say: newdomain.com, but redirect all old links to the new one,is this possible if the first forum is not open for members anymore?

2. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

You would need to remove all the XF files from the old domain first.

Adding this to the .htaccess of the old domain should redirect the links to the new one.

Code:
      RewriteEngine On
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^olddomain.com$ [OR]
      RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.olddomain.com$
      RewriteRule (.*)$ http://www.newdomain.com/$1 [R=301,L]

sami simo likes this.
  3. sami simo

Thanks
    if I delete the old forum, all posts and links will be deleted too, I have less than 30 threads, So Could I keep the old one just the time to copy threads in the new? Or leave the old one as a test copy and keep it inaccessible to visitors?

4. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

How will posts and links be deleted? Backup your database and restore it wherever you need to. The above .htaccess lines will redirect everyone to the appropriate thread at the new domain.

sami simo likes this.
  5. sami simo

I prefer to copy and paste posts manually, there are few posts and its more safe than restoring a database.

6. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

I completely disagree, but do what you must.

Tracy Perry likes this.