XF 1.1 License question

sami simo

My xenforo installation was installed in olddomain.com. I want to reinstall the same license in another domain, let’s say: newdomain.com, but redirect all old links to the new one,is this possible if the first forum is not open for members anymore?

You would need to remove all the XF files from the old domain first.

Adding this to the .htaccess of the old domain should redirect the links to the new one.

Code:
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^olddomain.com$ [OR]
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.olddomain.com$
  RewriteRule (.*)$ http://www.newdomain.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Thanks
if I delete the old forum, all posts and links will be deleted too, I have less than 30 threads, So Could I keep the old one just the time to copy threads in the new? Or leave the old one as a test copy and keep it inaccessible to visitors?

Thanks
if I delete the old forum, all posts and links will be deleted too, I have less than 30 threads, So Could I keep the old one just the time to copy threads in the new? Or leave the old one as a test copy and keep it inaccessible to visitors?
How will posts and links be deleted? Backup your database and restore it wherever you need to. The above .htaccess lines will redirect everyone to the appropriate thread at the new domain.

Top Bottom