License question

gen6

Hi guys, sorry if this have been covered already, if yes, please delete the topic and forward me to the relevant thread if possible. I just want to clarify few things about the license.

Once I pay the 140$ for the license, it means that I can use the forum indefinitely and it never expires (the license). Initially I will also have access to all forum upgrades and support for 1 year from the date of purchase. Is that correct so far? If it is, my follow up question is - After 12 months, if I don't pay the 40$ renewal fee( which is only for support and upgrades) , I obviously won't have access to these, but say if I decide to wait another 2 years and then I want to upgrade to the latest forum version, can I pay this 40$ at that point and renew my 'upgate&support' for another year and get the latest version of xenForo?

Also, I suppose I can add the Resource manager and the Enhanced search at any point I like? Even if my 'upgrade&support' period has expired ?

Thank you for your answers!

You can use the license indefinitely but to receive updates after your license expires you will need to pay the 40 dollar renewal to receive support and updates but your able to use the version your on forever.

Yes and Yes to the search and RM

edit: I'm sure you will need to have an active license actually to add the rm and search. A staff member can confirm or dismiss that though

You will need an active license to purchase RM & ES. Purchasing them also adds $15/yr to your renewal costs (unless you contact them and have the RM/ES license canceled - in which case, you'll need to repurchase the add-on later if you wish to use it).

You can use the license indefinitely but to receive updates after your license expires you will need to pay the 40 dollar renewal to receive support and updates but your able to use the version your on forever.

Thank you! Can I pay this 40$ renewal fee at any point I like, say even if license wasn't active for 2 years? I just want to confirm that at no point I have to pay again 140$, and whenever I feel like it I can update to the latest XF versiion just by paying 40$ :)

Top Bottom