License concern I think.....

SteveL

Ive pretty much convinced myself to buy this product. The question is going to be when. I have an evaluation copy of ContentTeller on my test site at the moment. I have no issue with buying XenForo but I want to test it in that cms before the 30 day evaluation runs out. If I like the two programs together or even if I dont can I re-install the forum software at my mainsite? I guess that what this boils down to is can I do this or is XenForo mine to do with what I like after I buy it. Can I use my copy on my two separate sites?

Thanks!

Steve

Ive pretty much convinced myself to buy this product. The question is going to be when. I have an evaluation copy of ContentTeller on my test site at the moment. I have no issue with buying XenForo but I want to test it in that cms before the 30 day evaluation runs out. If I like the two programs together or even if I dont can I re-install the forum software at my mainsite? I guess that what this boils down to is can I do this or is XenForo mine to do with what I like after I buy it. Can I use my copy on my two separate sites?

Thanks!

Steve
To answer your last question, you can only use a copy on 1 site for each license.

To answer your last question, you can only use a copy on 1 site for each license.

Thanks Kaiser. But, would that be one site at a time? Can I test it over on my test site and then when Im comfortable with it delete it from there and install it at my main site?

Im pretty sure at this point that XenForo does all that I need without having to use ContentTeller at all but I would really like to prove all that to myself before committing it to my main site. Again, Im positive that Im going to buy this and I just want to make sure of my limits with this software so as to not tick anyone off or break any rules.
wink.png

The terms of the license permit you to install it on one live domain and one test install, either locally or password protected and limited to your site staff.

You can change the URL/domain of the main installation at any point.

Each License may run one instance of the Software, accessible via one URL. Any attempt to circumvent this limitation is prohibited and will result in the License being revoked.
Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date. You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

Top Bottom