1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left and Right Side Bars ?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by WCFA, Jun 15, 2014.

1. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

I did a search and have found nothing other then moving right to left.
    Was wondering if there is away, tow have both a Left and Right Side Bars ?

I am not a designer, or developer. In my head seems like it would be an easy add on .
    But again thats my perspective. I was wondering if people do this? to have the same abilities right and left.

Or if someone knows where a recent topic is? I couldnt find one on it.

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Depending on which page(s) you want them on, it would require editing one or more templates.

3. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

Is there future plans to add these into the software? I guess the portal look seems productive to me as computer
    screens are often over 22" wide non days seems a side left and right would be kinda cool.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Personally, having a page that wide makes no sense to me.
    Having to physically move my head and neck to read a website is tiring.

I much prefer fixed widths of around 1000px and then I have two browser screens side by side on my 24"/27" monitors.

5. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

I think i'd go into sensory overload if i was distracted by a plethora of widgets on the right and left side.
    ------
    edit...........

I also keep my forums fixed for exactly the reason listed above.. adding another sidebar to any fixed width forums would be a disaster. I'm ok with right and left sidebars on CMS/Portal pages in software like Joomla or Wordpress where there are multiple content types however on a simple forum only i just couldn't imagine the need for so many widgets..

6. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

7. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

Your right XF is not a thin format to begin with and that would make it not practical.
    Thanks for the insight.