LED Monitors Kick Arse

The 27" iMac has external display plug : Mini Displayport
The external 27" Mac display will support this.

So for those mac knowledgeable (as I have only entered mac)... when I get my new 27" i7 imac, can that then run as a dual monitor with the 27" LED Cinema display? Can an imac become a split display like that?

I dubt you will be able to use 2*27" screens... at least, i would find it hard.

Sure but i mean.. 27"... my biggest tv have the same size. I've an iMac 27 right in front of me... having 2 of these to look would make me crazy!

I'm looking to get 2 or 3 more 24" screens for my desk.... not quite 27" I know, but it's gonna be nice :D

I have twin 22" screens in front of me right now.... twin 27" screens isn't that much bigger. They are excellent for design work.

I think twin 27" screens would look a lot bigger, but in real cm measurements, would probably be not. I want to try a nice screen that can go vertical. I've seen them in action, and they work wonders when doing programming work. (IIRC, Kier has one of these.)

Wait until you get into the big screens then... 50" plus. Gives a whole new meaning to watching TV in bed on a 50"+ screen. Lounge room as well.
In fact that 27" is an old but great sony analogic tv. I will invest some money on huge tvs as soon as i will want to play MGS4 on the ps3 ;)

Sure but i mean.. 27"... my biggest tv have the same size. I've an iMac 27 right in front of me... having 2 of these to look would make me crazy!

They are 16:9 not 16:10. There's a different. It's not like 2x 30" 4:3 or something.

That's what I have sometimes,
imac_dualscreen.jpg

powerbookwith19inch2rb.jpg

Mirrors are the best for crispness. I believe they are still working on getting more on per chip, but once they do they will most likely replace LEDs. Mirrors require very little power, switches so fast that there is no bluriness due to light trails.

Top Bottom