Lazy Load [img]

Lazy Load [img] 2.6.0

No permission to download
This add-on seems to do cool thing. So I installed it.

But I'm not sure whether it's working.

Any special tags added to the image part that I can see in browser's page source code?

This is what I've done:

1) Installed the add-on with options kept intact:

1585731827332.webp

2) Set group permissions for Registered and Unregistered groups:

1585731869880.webp

3) Entered some values according to Xon:

1585731914816.webp

So that's it?

I reloaded the page with several images. Can't feel much difference in loading time.

Thanks.

@Xon Any chance of getting the regex tweaked a bit so that it doesn't drop the "alt" tags? :)

Thanks
Can you give an example of the bb-code which is triggering it? It shouldn't be touched.

:edit: It looks like XF [attach] bb-code doesn't set the title attribute if an "alt" value is set while the [img] does. I've reported that as an XF bug.

@Xon Please can you confirm that why does not show the Spinner image when image are not loading? Also please Upgrade lazysizes to 5.2.0 Latest release?
Hard to say why the spinner image isn't being show without knowing the exact css, the link which is failing, etc

Last edited:
Hard to say why the spinner image isn't being show without knowing the exact css, the link which is failing, etc

This issue happened from all image thread. Also some user reported this image loading take long time. Style properties > Lazy Image Loader

Lazy loading

Code:
opacity: 0;

Lazy loading in progress

Code:
transition: opacity 300ms;
background: #f7f7f7 url(/images/loader.gif) no-repeat center;

Lazy loading finished

Code:
opacity: 1;

Can you give an example of the bb-code which is triggering it? It shouldn't be touched.

:edit: It looks like XF [attach] bb-code doesn't set the title attribute if an "alt" value is set while the [img] does. I've reported that as an XF bug.
Thanks, for both checking it out and reporting the bug. 😎 I'm doing some experimenting on a test install to see if I can also narrow down a bit more when the alt tag seems to be getting lost. Originally it seemed to be something related to this add-on as it's the only thing I thought of that would touch the output html img tags but playing around I want to rule out something isn't going on with a private add-on that converts remote image to local attachments. Now knowing what you found with the BB Codes will help me drill down a bit on where I'm looking while testing.

This issue happened from all image thread. Also some user reported this image loading take long time. Style properties > Lazy Image Loader

Lazy loading

Code:

Lazy loading in progress

Code:
background: #f7f7f7 url(/images/loader.gif) no-repeat center;

Lazy loading finished

Code:
opacity: 1;

@Xon Does fixed this issue with version 2.3.0 - Maintenance update?

Unlikely, it is just the an update to the lazysizes library. I haven't done extensive troubleshooting of the spinner stuff

I installed it and a little bit confused. It works with ATTACH=full, but doesn't work with attached pictures (not "full"). Also it doesn't work with avatars.
Is it supposed to be this way or I did something wrong?

This isn't designed to work with avatars. it should work with thumbnails. It may just be loading too fast for them.

This isn't designed to work with avatars.
How come? There is something that makes it too complex?
Each subforum's theads list has 20-40 avatars (starter & last post), each thread has 20 avatars. And only some of threads have images in them. I mean lazyloading images is cool. But lazyloading avatars would speed up loading time of all threads more effective.
Or I don't understand something?

How come? There is something that makes it too complex?
Each subforum's theads list has 20-40 avatars (starter & last post), each thread has 20 avatars. And only some of threads have images in them. I mean lazyloading images is cool. But lazyloading avatars would speed up loading time of all threads more effective.
Or I don't understand something?

interesting point....made me think how someone commented a while ago about there being lazy load browser support by now tho....perhaps its an easier fix to implement and doesnt even need the addon to apply it avatars? idk...my 2 pennies...seems like anything speeding things up helps, but at the same time, we certainly would not want any micro-second lag in something like avatar image display....i sort of assume there would not be any for such small filesizes....but wonder if its a reason like that it hasnt been implemented already somewhere...

Top Bottom