1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lazy Days

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shelley, Dec 22, 2010.

Do I take today off?

1. Yes

2. NO

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I've been pondering on whether to have a lazy day and take the day off from the constant 16-18 hour days I've been working. Should I take the day off? I know, a pointless point on something I could decide myself but taking into account I'm english.
    AlexandrosD and Dragonfly like this.
  2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

suuuuuuure take it off.

Saying that cuz I know you won't.
  3. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Do it!

Otherwise you risk burn out, believe me I know, I have been there.
    Jo. likes this.
  4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

amen to that. Been a year now and I haven't recovered yet.
  5. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

ugh, you English are always having time off..."holiday this...bank holiday that...". Sure, take the day off :p
    Shelley likes this.
  6. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

It can take a long time to recover [​IMG]

One day you will wake up and it will be back I am sure :)
  7. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

no, make some more smileys!
  8. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

Don't burn yourself out and find yourself in the position I am right now - my doctor has told me I have to rest and take time off because I've made myself really ill after more than a decade of pushing myself way, way, way too hard (studying, being a full time carer, running an internet support group, working etc. all at the same time) and not getting enough sleep or down time. I'm supposed to be working on my PhD but I've had to take a few months off by force of the doctor. I'm itching to get back and work work work, but I'm too ill to do much of anything right now. Please don't do that to yourself too!
  9. John

John Well-Known Member

((((Jo)))) :)