1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Layout puzzle tweaks css

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Morgain, May 20, 2013.

1. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

I frequently use a frontend search form, to get results on my users.
    The frontend results page lists in usergroup sections.
    I then OFTEN need to copy/ paste this frontend result s list into a wp document to put in various reports and circulate it to staff - adding text notes which change through the day.

The XF page result has formatting for each section that has to be laboriously removed line by line after I copy paste it. I have looked to try and edit the code but no luck so far.

This is the form code:
    <xen:foreach loop="$results" key="$classId" value="$resultClass">
        <form method="post" class="xenForm AutoValidator" action="account/alert-preferences-save" data-fieldvalidatorurl="account/validate-field.json">
            <ul class="results">
               <h3 class="secondaryContent sectionHeader"> <xen:foreach loop="$resultClass" key="$userId" value="$resultUser"></h3>
                    <li class="result">
                        <span class="resultUsername">{$users.{$userId}.username}</span> <span class="taskCount">{$resultUser.count}:</span>
                        <xen:foreach loop="$resultUser.tasks" key="$mainSubjectId" value="$resultUserTasks">
                            {xen:count $resultUserTasks} {$mainSubjects.{$mainSubjectId}.title}.
    This is its result on the frontend:
    This is fine but what happens when I copy/ paste that into a document is I get
    - a blank line left under the title
    - both title and result lines are inset, not simply starting on the left
    - there is another blank under the last section listing

How can I get rid of all that?

I thought it might come from <h3 class="secondaryContent sectionHeader">
    but when i looked in Style Props I couldnt see anything helpful. When i tested by deleting that the display changed frontend - but copy/ paste got exactly the same result as before!
    Still think it's a standard XF item probly this one which I need local css to adjust.

There is a linked css sheet for this template which contains a class 'result'
    So I could add to it or alter it. I don't see anything there to control the blank lines and inset of lines as it is. Anyway here it is.
        overflow: auto;
        ul.tasks li.task
        {float: left;
        width: 50%;
    ul.results li.result .resultUsername
    ul.results li.result .taskCount
        color: red;
        color: red;
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What page is that from? I can't find it.
  3. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Jake thanks. It's not standard XF but I no longer have access to the person who did it for me.
    I just wondered how to stop it putting spaces in when I copy/ paste it off the frontend page results.

I thought it was probably this line - which is standard XF but when I looked it up in Sryle Properties there's nothing about spaces there.
    <h3 class="secondaryContent sectionHeader">