Lawsuit Ended - Celebration thread

Ragtek's addons were some of the best. Whatever the sour grapes were he should just make wine and call it a day and come back!

I miss Ragtek,

He was going to work on a project of mine before he left. If he is willing to work on it again I would gladly pay for it.

Kier, Mike and Ashley,

I am really glad to hear this outcome. both as a XF customer and from a stand point of what seemed morally right and wrong. vb5 is still a trainwreck now I can see it's full public releace and now you guys have the lawsuit out of the way I look forward to you being able to devote your time and money on more development of your product. Given your past track record, I am confident in saying that I am sure that given another couple of years of work, with your neat and functional code base, you will end up with a product that is both leaner and as feature complete as the latest vBulletin at the time, and will become a even more serious competator as a result.

I look forward to XF's future.

PS: only one thing that could bother me, I understand the US suit is over and cannot again be bought up in a US court, but is there anything to stop IB from now resuming legal action in the UK? (IIRC there was a mutual agreement to hold any UK legal proceeding while the US one was ongoing?)

PS: only one thing that could bother me, I understand the US suit is over and cannot again be bought up in a US court, but is there anything to stop IB from now resuming legal action in the UK? (IIRC there was a mutual agreement to hold any UK legal proceeding while the US one was ongoing?)

The UK case has been dismissed too. (y)

Kier, Mike and Ashley,
I am really glad to hear this outcome. both as a XF customer and from a stand point of what seemed morally right .... Given your past track record, I am confident in saying that I am sure that given another couple of years of work, with your neat and functional code base, you will end up with a product that is both leaner and as feature complete as the latest vBulletin at the time, and will become a even more serious competator as a result.

Couple of years? Maybe you didn't see the speed of these guys before .. couple of months maybe - or possibly six.
:)

ALL claims by IB have been dropped including the UK case.
The UK courts would not have allowed a rerun over here anyway.

Good heavens why might?

Sort of got bit by the blogger bug. Instead of starting a new forum (which i would have to at this point after leaving my partnership) I just blog with wordpress these days. Being that we can hook wordpress and xenforo together I have to now decide whether I want to take the plunge back into the forum admin world. Starting these forums is a pain in the ass :coffee:

I don't know. I'd need to find a new partner. I'm far to busy to start another one by myself. We'll see guys. I'm very excited about the news though. ;)

Sort of got bit by the blogger bug. Instead of starting a new forum (which i would have to at this point after leaving my partnership) I just blog with wordpress these days. Being that we can hook wordpress and xenforo together I have to now decide whether I want to take the plunge back into the forum admin world. Starting these forums is a pain in the ass :coffee:

I don't know. I'd need to find a new partner. I'm far to busy to start another one by myself. We'll see guys. I'm very excited about the news though. ;)

Yes that makes sense. You're right if you're busy you need a forum admin patner if you're that busy.
However XF is ridiculously easy to set up. If you have users on your WP you can bridge them and you're up and running.
There are people to do an install for you - Mike Edge, SchmitzIT.

If you run for office, I'm going to call you a flip flopper !

We'd be glad to have you back :)

LOL thanks. I'm not worried about that claim. I believe everyone is entitled to change their opinion really.

I guess I'll do it. I'm very tempted and you know Xenforo ss the only system I'm really impartial to. I like this damn support forum too.

Well I'm forum partner shopping....see you all around I suppose :)

((yeah Morgain, I'm active duty military, my life is rather hectic these days, and I'm about to promoted...which will be more work. I'll see what comes of this)).

I knew that xenforo would rise after all of this. A lot of communities, small and big have been switching over to xenforo software despite the frivolous lawsuit. I am happy that my license will be expanded.

Top Bottom