1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Latest thread navigates to invalid URL

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by mcadx, Jan 14, 2012.

1. mcadx

mcadx Member

Not sure if this is a bug or if I did something wrong but under the Forumdisplay whenever I click the Latest Thread link of a forum, it links to this URL: forums/index.php?posts/0/ instead of the actual URL of the thread.

This is a fresh import off of a vB4 instance with vBSEO, if that means anything.

I've run all the cron jobs and none of them seem to have any effect on this. I can enter any thread by navigating into its forum first.

Any suggestions?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Have you rebuilt the caches after the import was complete?

3. mcadx

mcadx Member

Yes.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Rebuild the caches again - it's actually designed to fix that, so I'm not sure why it didn't here.

5. mcadx

mcadx Member

I've done it at least 2x with no change. Doing it a third time now. It seems to correct itself once a post is actually created in a thread.

6. mcadx

mcadx Member

Third time is the charm, I guess. <shrug>

7. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

Which caches in particular? I've rebuilt them all once, but the links are still wrong.

8. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches
    > Rebuild Thread Information
    > Rebuild Forum Information

9. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm not sure if it didn't fix it the first time, or if it just needed a hard refresh, but it's good now.