• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Laric Ventrilo Status

Laric

Here is my ventrilo status addon. It will only work for ppl that can install the approriate ventrilo_status executable (either the linux or the windows one). This file can be downloaded from the Ventrilo.com homepage. It is part of the server files.

This is not a 'hack' to show the status generated on a different server.Here all the status is generated on your webserver. You are more than welcome to alter the design. It is in the laric_ventrilo template.

Installation
Upload the files in the upload folder.
Install the addon using the supplied addon-Laric_ventrilo.xml.

Add the template include code to forum_list either above or below the sidebar_online_users include (whatever you feel looks best):
Code:
<xen:include template="laric_ventrilo" />
The addon will not work at all if you haven't set up the options correctly.
Also don't forget to set the permissions.

If you are using xenporta then there is a module for that as well in the XenPorta folder. First upload the upload folder there as well, then import the module using the supplied .xml file there.

This is v 0.1 which is my initial and first release for XenForo.

A big thanks to Darkimmortal as I was using his TaigaChat as 'template' for the addon.

Also a big thanks for the help from Shadab on how to cache etc.

Attachments

Ryan Kent

very nice! The one I shared previously pulls the info from another server. That company has been in business for years but I would still prefer to have something I have 100% control over.

eod

would there be a way to make this work as part of [bd] widget framework? or if possible, can someone tell me what to place in the new widget details if I were to create a widget for it?

Laric

would there be a way to make this work as part of [bd] widget framework? or if possible, can someone tell me what to place in the new widget details if I were to create a widget for it?
As it works in a very similar way as Taiga Chat I think you can make it very similar to that widget.

Ryan Kent

I just installed the add-on today. I immediately received a report that our site was no longer accessible. I was able to confirm when I tried to change to our forum page I received the following error:

LaricError.JPG

I disabled the add-on and the site returned to normal.

I then re-checked the instructions. I downloaded the Linux Server zip and copied the ventrilo_status file to my web server. I confirmed the path then copied it. I re-activated the Laric add-on, quickly pasted the path in the ACP and set up the IP/port for my vent server. The issue remained.

I disabled the add-on awaiting some direction.

Is there anyone who installed this add-on and has it working?

Laric

your site has disabled the function popen (program open). Without it php can't execute the ventrilo_status program to get the actual status.

Laric

Solution for the "popen disabled" issue

In order to eliminate this error message you need to do ONE of the following things:
  • Remove the popen string from the disable_functions at php.ini* file
  • Ask your hosting provider to remove the string above if you don't have an access to the php.ini* file

Ryan Kent

Here is my ventrilo status addon. It will only work for ppl that can install the approriate ventrilo_status executable (either the linux or the windows one). This file can be downloaded from the Ventrilo.com homepage. It is part of the server files.
I downloaded the Linux server zip from Ventrilo.com. I placed one file named "ventrilo_status" on my server and placed the appropriate path in the ACP, and I tested the path to ensure the file was accessible. I entered my correct vent IP and port, then added the xen:include line in forum_list in the appropriate style template. I don't see anything on my forums.

Are there other files required? Or am I missing a step?

Laric

I downloaded the Linux server zip from Ventrilo.com. I placed one file named "ventrilo_status" on my server and placed the appropriate path in the ACP, and I tested the path to ensure the file was accessible. I entered my correct vent IP and port, then added the xen:include line in forum_list in the appropriate style template. I don't see anything on my forums.

Are there other files required? Or am I missing a step?
You probably forgot the permissions part.

Ryan Kent

You probably forgot the permissions part.
absolutely correct, I missed seeing the permissions instruction, ty

Getting closer but still not there yet. You can see in the first screen shot I do have a working ventrilo monitoring script using the hack where I use another site. You can see the vent server name and IP address, and that it is up and working.

I am getting "server error" when using your add-on. I have my ip and port settings correct. I have the server path correct and have tried starting with /home/ as the example shows, also home/ and www.terapvp.com/ All yield the same result. Any ideas?

LaricError.JPG LaricACP.JPG

Laric

hmm probably the wrong chmod for the ventrilo_status..
On my server i have it 0755 so that everyone have execution rights on it.

chmod 0755 /home/community/ventrilo_status

Laric

also if you have shell access on the server can you try the following command
/home/community/ventrilo_status -c2 -tv44.darkstarllc.com:27504
And see that you get an about in the lines of
Code:
NAME: GreenFire Ventrilo Server
PHONETIC: GreenFire Ventrilo Server
COMMENT:
AUTH: 2
MAXCLIENTS: 150
VOICECODEC: 3,Speex
VOICEFORMAT: 32,32 KHz%2C 16 bit%2C 10 Qlty
UPTIME: 4336505
PLATFORM: Linux-i386
VERSION: 3.0.6
CHANNELCOUNT: 86
CHANNELFIELDS: CID,PID,PROT,NAME,COMM
CHANNEL: CID=870,PID=0,PROT=0,NAME=********* THE LOUNGE ********,COMM=
CHANNEL: CID=871,PID=0,PROT=0,NAME=Invitation Only,COMM=
Actually the output is alot longer.. just showing you what you should get if the command is working.

Ryan Kent

hmm probably the wrong chmod for the ventrilo_status..
On my server i have it 0755 so that everyone have execution rights on it.

chmod 0755 /home/community/ventrilo_status
you are absolutely correct. My permissions were not 0755, but I changed them, they are correct now but the issue remains.

Ryan Kent

also if you have shell access on the server can you try the following command
/home/community/ventrilo_status -c2 -tv44.darkstarllc.com:27504
I am totally unfamiliar with working in Linux. I have secure access. I was able to use Putty to establish a connection. I tried to execute the code you offered from the main directory but received "no such file or directory". I guessed it was because there wasn't a "home" directory but instead it was the public_html directory, so I changed into it and tried the below.

Any guidance as to what I need to do would be helpful. I tried with and without a leading slash

untitled.JPG