• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Large Xenforo Sites

Sadik B

Well-known member
#1
Hi,

Yep I know there's the Show us your XF thread, but there's no way to tell which is a busy or large forum and which is a startup. I would like to see how larger and busier forums (some with at least a few thousand threads) are using XF and more importantly how they are customizing it.

Any leads? :)
 

Rigel Kentaurus

Well-known member
#2
Hi,

Yep I know there's the Show us your XF thread, but there's no way to tell which is a busy or large forum and which is a startup. I would like to see how larger and busier forums (some with at least a few thousand threads) are using XF and more importantly how they are customizing it.

Any leads? :)
Mine is almost 500k (in somewhere around 14k threads)

I have tweaked a little the style, if you browse through this (http://fanficslandia.com/index.php?threads/slam-dunk-luego-del-manga.13203/) you can see the alternating postbit. I have some other subtle changes like new trophies, and I am trying to control myself on changing too much because it is still beta.

Performance is great so far
 

Sadik B

Well-known member
#3
Hmmm... your site looks very nice. I have a few questions, do you at all rely on SE traffic? How has the SE traffic changed if at all since installing XF?

It seems that Xen would be very good search engine wise, so i was wondering if any large boards had any such ecperience.
 

Quillz

Well-known member
#4
http://www.xenforo.com/community

It's a pretty large XenForo board that has a custom style or two.

And I'm being serious here. This is probably the largest XenForo board on the Internet right now, so it's a pretty good indication of how well it can handle server stress and things like that.
 

Rigel Kentaurus

Well-known member
#6
Hmmm... your site looks very nice. I have a few questions, do you at all rely on SE traffic? How has the SE traffic changed if at all since installing XF?

It seems that Xen would be very good search engine wise, so i was wondering if any large boards had any such ecperience.
Yes, more than 60% of the traffic comes from search engines. With the other 40% being people coming back to the site and direct links.
I kept a close eye on the traffic, since it was one of my major concerns. So far, it has not changed. It dropped like 1% but that is more like the regular variance that I have in traffic and I do not relate that to the migration.

I did install the script that is in the Addons sections for 301 redirecting the showthread, showpost and forumdisplay traffic. I think that is a must. Actually, Google does not seem to have a problem. In less than a week it has migrated a lot of the URLs to the new formats in the results, and the rest are still valid.

I didn't have vbseo, though, and I certainly do not know how migrating a forum with that will behave and probably I would have needed a custom solution for the redirects should I have been using that.
 

Jeffin

Well-known member
#9
Hi,

Yep I know there's the Show us your XF thread, but there's no way to tell which is a busy or large forum and which is a startup. I would like to see how larger and busier forums (some with at least a few thousand threads) are using XF and more importantly how they are customizing it.

Any leads? :)
I converted my christian forum (with about 30,000 thread and 200,000 posts)some time back. It has about 4000 members registered members. You can check it out. ;)
 

Craig

Active member
#19
I would be thrilled if I could get 100 people to join my forum and actually post things. I have about 500 banned spammers from russia and china.