Laptop or Netbook.

I thought netbooks were cool but now I see how impractical they really are. I currently have a 13'' MacBook and might actually get for the 11'' MacBook Air.

For me, it's all about a very portable notebook, but something that has considerably more processing power than a notebook.

And I think tablets are extremely pointless.

How do you intend to use it Peggy? Where? What do you plan on doing with it?

To me, those are the key questions to ask yourself right there.

Netbooks are really like small stripped down laptops with minimal features. They are built mostly for portability and small size. Most don't have built in DVD Rom drives for example. They also have small hard drives as well.

Laptops on the other hand, although typically larger, have way more built in features. But what's built in depends on what kind of laptop you look at. Some are intended to be desktop replacments while others are more designed to be more geared towards portability and those types start to move more in the direction of the netbooks, in the sense that they have less built in features and instead move towards having seperate peripherials that can be hooked on.

Based on your comments, what it sounds like you might want is a laptop that falls in size somewhere between a desktop replacment (what you have now) and a netbook (probably too small).

For what it's worth, I've always had great luck with Toshiba laptops.

-Chris

How do you intend to use it Peggy? Where? What do you plan on doing with it?
I use it for alot of things Josh. To read, browse, play games... usually in bed, after my son's asleep.
However, my main concern is being able to take it with me when I'm on the go.

Actually, my son's dad offered me his nearly new Acer Aspire 15" for $300. It has Windows 7, built in wireless, 3bg RAM and 320 gb HD.
I may take it.

I use it for alot of things Josh. To read, browse, play games... usually in bed, after my son's asleep.
However, my main concern is being able to take it with me when I'm on the go.

Actually, my son's dad offered me his nearly new Acer Aspire 15" for $300. It has Windows 7, built in wireless, 3bg RAM and 320 gb HD.
I may take it.

What kind of games do you play? PC? iOS? Mac? Flash based on the web?

Depending, I prefer to have both. A laptop for home and a netbook for remote sysadmin, I'm going to buy a Lemote Yeeloong, a 100% free - including BIOS - computer.

Top Bottom