XF 2.2 Language problem - modifications are not applied

Nicolas FR

Hello,

I am having a problem with modifying expressions. When I change the translation of an expression the change is not applied. However if I return to the PCA on the expression my modification is quite persistent.
The only way to apply the change is to export the language and import it again, in which case the changes apply.

I specify that I have just switched xenforo from a local server to a live server. Maybe something happened while importing my database backup.
Thanks for your help.

I am having a problem with modifying expressions.
Do you mean modifying phrases?
Are you sure you are editting the right (child) language, and this language is also selected in the frontend?

It might also be a caching thing. Do you know if the server is using some kind of cache?
Try restarting the webserver if possible.

Thanks for your interest.

I am on a shared server I would not have the opportunity to restart it.

What is surprising is that some expressions are changed and others are not.
I paid attention to the expressions chosen and they are the ones that should appear on the front-end.

An export then import modifies the recalcitrant expressions well.

Do you have any caching providers in src/config.php?
Maybe you can ask your provider if they use some kind of web caching. You might be able to turn this on/off or reset in your control panel?
It is the only thing I think that could go wrong with this.

ps: What PHP version do you have? Sometimes you can switch to a higher level within the control panel.

The previous forum which was on the same server did not encounter this type of problem.
I really think of a writing problem on database writing but I do not know enough to validate this option.
the config.php file is the original one supplied with XF, I haven't touched it.
The server is running with the latest version of PHP 8.0.x and MySQL 8.0.x

There is really a problem with my installation, already I find the forum often very slow whereas that did not happen before with the previous forum and I have just noticed that the use of disk space is increasing. larger while the forum is almost at a standstill: 3 resources, 4 photos, and 500 messages ... you can see on the graph the day of the forum installation (about 95MB of disk space) and 6 days later there is 500MB used!

Capture web_16-9-2021_232659_admin.gandi.net.webp

What is happening here ? thank you for helping me !

Thanks for your interest.

The database looks normal and its weight hasn't really changed since I moved from the local server to the live server.
On the ftp I searched a bit but it is complicated to open the hundreds and hundreds of folders to check which elements they contain are heavy. I have checked the data folder and it is almost empty.

DATABASE
  • tables : 280
  • total weight : 100 Mo
FTP
  • biggest file : src/addons/XF/_data/templates.xml 2.7 Mo
  • files number : 16924
  • total weight : 108.7 Mo
🤔

I will ask to Gandi which is my host provider...

Top Bottom