1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Language Importer hangs.

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by AlexandrosD, Dec 16, 2010.

1. AlexandrosD

AlexandrosD Active Member

There seems to be an error when importing a language .xml with many phrases via the Language Importer.

Reproduce in debug mode:
    1) Export the English (US) language (╬▓eta 5) with all XenForo phrases.
    2) Edit the downloaded file and change the title value to something else, ex.
    <language title="English (US)"> to <language title="English (US)2">
    3) Save and try to import the "new" language from the admin.php?languages/import page.

I get:
    If I split the file (remove half of the phrases), it will get imported, no matter which phrases got deleted. I played with the php and mysql config files, but hadn't any luck.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Your forum account is not showing as being associated with a license.
    Can you associate it with your customer account here: http://xenforo.com/customers/

That will ensure we can move threads to the correct forum for support, if required.

3. Boothby

Boothby Active Member

I'm getting the same error, when I try to import a language as new language. When I first create a new language and then overwrite it with the same import-file I get no error and all is fine.

I have a XAMPP setup on OS X.6.

4. lms

lms Well-Known Member

First, create the languaje. Second, import as secondary languaje into create new languaje.

Salud2

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I just ran into this - it's actually triggering what appears to be a bug in PHP with SimpleXML. It manifests itself in really strange ways. However, I stumbled upon this using way more queries than it should, and fixing that seems to have resolved this issue.

6. lms

lms Well-Known Member

Thanks for the fix.

Salud2