XF 1.4 Lag/time-out

Alexander Firth

Hi, I've had an issue on my board for many months that I absolutely cannot figure out. Roughly 10-20% of the time any member tries to post, it tries and tries for about a minute, and then nothing, Users hit post again and again until eventually, 1 to 2 minutes later, it works and we end up with double/triple posts.

There's no error messages, and nothing in the error log. I've tried disabling plugins but I can't find the offender. I have a couple of other Xenforo installs on the server with none of them showing any issues.

What could this possibly be?

URL is http://youthdebates.org/forums

Last edited:
Typically the problem you have described is related to server or connectivity issues.

Does it still happen with all add-ons disabled and in a completely default unedited style?

Typically the problem you have described is related to server or connectivity issues.

Does it still happen with all add-ons disabled and in a completely default unedited style?
I've tried disabling most plugins etc one by one, but I'm wary of just stripping it naked because it's quite an active board and the people who use it get tetchy when it's ever down :p

The only way to rule out an issue related to a third party add-on or style is to disable them all and test for a period of time.

I've tried disabling most plugins etc one by one, but I'm wary of just stripping it naked because it's quite an active board and the people who use it get tetchy when it's ever down :p
This is where a test site is ideal, especially for large, active forums as you can test everything to your heart's content whilst leaving your live site untouched. Also great for installing new add-ons and performing upgrades as you can do it on the test site first and any issues can be ironed out before doing this on the live site.

Top Bottom