• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Awaiting feedback Lag issue with iphone posting?

MattH

Noticed this happening on 1.54 and also 1.56. Hitting the 'post reply' button after typing a reply nothing happens, it hangs in edit mode, but when I look at the thread, the reply is posted. Encourages multiple attempts to post and duplicate content.

Not seeing any error log.

MattH

Actually, it was Safari originally with the issue, sorry. Chrome posted ok just now (a little slow to upload the reply, but not a huge delay).

MattH

It's little slower than I'm used to, but does post fine here...

Edit-it kinda happened on this reply, hit post, it looked like it was going to, then didn't and post became an option again, then posted.

ozzy47

Not sure what the issue could be then. It could be your device, your location etc.

Maybe someone else might have a idea.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
If it's just a "little slower" here, then that could be down to all sorts of environmental factors really. The button re-enabling is simply time dependent. A slower connection could make this more visible.

If it's actually not appearing on your local site until a refresh, this is very likely down to a customization. That said, as usual, network issues can cause all sorts of weird behaviors.

I assume this is specific to you. Anyone else seen this sort of behavior?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I tend to use Chrome now but I only switched back to it recently. I didn't notice any issues at all.

I'm posting this on Safari.

Incidentally which iOS version are you running?

EDIT: Posted near instantly so I'm currently suspecting local factors having an impact.

MattH

I tend to use Chrome now but I only switched back to it recently. I didn't notice any issues at all.

I'm posting this on Safari.

Incidentally which iOS version are you running?

EDIT: Posted near instantly so I'm currently suspecting local factors having an impact.
Running iOS 9.2.1 and safari. Will see how this posts..

Edit posted fine here.

MattH

Edit.. The reply posted fine but the edit to the reply to say that did not, lots of delay... Could still be local though.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I suspect that's also a local thing. Especially if it's inconsistent. FWIW the edits I made above were on Safari and instant too.