[TH] User Improvements [Deleted]

Very nice update !
As I said in my review, a steam account connexion could be great :) ! I was also thinking of a user profile banner (like facebook or twitter), adding this to your addon can be nice :). Maybe some other ideas later :p

All connected account services are implemented via OAuth, as XF2 natively supports those. Steam has dropped OAuth support in 2015 and now hosts a horribly documented version of OpenID instead, which is not compatible with XF2 out of the box and a headache to get a hold on. Long story told short, it's very unlikely that I'll implement it for as long as steam sticks with their habit of catastrophal documentations.

All connected account services are implemented via OAuth, as XF2 natively supports those. Steam has dropped OAuth support in 2015 and now hosts a horribly documented version of OpenID instead, which is not compatible with XF2 out of the box and a headache to get a hold on. Long story told short, it's very unlikely that I'll implement it for as long as steam sticks with their habit of catastrophal documentations.
Oh I see ahah, thanks for your reply ;) !

I get the following error:
Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'change_date' of non-object src/addons/KL/UserImprovements/Pub/Controller/Account.php:84
Generated by: Davenport Jan 3, 2018 at 10:17 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/KL/UserImprovements/Pub/Controller/Account.php(84): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 84, Array)
#1 src/addons/KL/UserImprovements/Pub/Controller/Account.php(25): KL\UserImprovements\Pub\Controller\Account->canChangeUsername()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): KL\UserImprovements\Pub\Controller\Account->actionAccountDetails(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Account', 'AccountDetails', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'account', Object(KL\EditorManager\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(1880): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/account/account-details"
  ["referrer"] => string(36) "https://anzahcraft.de/account/alerts"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Love this addon. I am experiencing some server error logs from it though.

Code:
#0 src/addons/KL/UserImprovements/Pub/Controller/Account.php(84): XF::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/home4/blahblah...', 84, Array)
#1 src/addons/KL/UserImprovements/Pub/Controller/Account.php(25): KL\UserImprovements\Pub\Controller\Account->canChangeUsername()
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): KL\UserImprovements\Pub\Controller\Account->actionAccountDetails(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(89): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Account', 'account-details', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'account', Object(KL\UserImprovements\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#8 {main}

Reactions: nap
I need the actual error message please, the stack trace alone isn't helpful @mbennet35 .

Sorry I am new to this.

Server error log

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property of non-object src/addons/KL/UserImprovements/Pub/Controller/Account.php:84

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/KL/UserImprovements/Pub/Controller/Account.php(84): XF::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/home4/blahblah...', 84, Array)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(89): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Account', 'account-details', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'account', Object(KL\UserImprovements\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#8 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(24) "/account/account-details"
["referrer"] => string(48) "https://www.equalout.com/account/account-details"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}

@katsulynk, your doing great work :D I run a forum for mass media script deployment at a loss of my time and money, but enjoy others using the stuff. basically, i'm saying thank you as other members thank us :D

I'm confused on how to set up the Reddit integration.

I created a Web App, and I see the Secret and I believe my ID, which I inputted in Xenforo.

What is the ABOUT and what is the REDIRECT URI supposed to be?

Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed replies. Life's been a chaotic mess lately, but it slowly starts sorting itself out. I'll be back for you guys as soon as possible and work through all your concerns.

@KensonPlays I had a bit of trouble interpreting your plan in the review, so I'll just bunch up a few statements that depend on the various interpretations.

First and foremost it be mentioned that the username color feature is an additional feature to complement the User group color system. As such you can't force a user to use a specific username color. If they have the permission to use colors, they're free to pick whichever color they like. If they don't, previous color choices mustn't be taken into consideration, so no color will be displayed at all. In it's current Design you therefor can't force a user to use a specific color. If you want to do that, I recommend using user groups instead, that'll be the easiest way.

My second Interpretation seemed like you inteded to make additional colors available to certain user groups only. That's currently not possible and hasn't been taken into consideration when building this feature, so it's unlikely to be added anytime soon.

A valid point that came into my mind is, that it indeed is not possible to chance a users color in the ACP. As he'd be able to change it back right at the moment of your change though, I'm not sure what benefit actually adding that would yield.

@KensonPlays I had a bit of trouble interpreting your plan in the review, so I'll just bunch up a few statements that depend on the various interpretations.

First and foremost it be mentioned that the username color feature is an additional feature to complement the User group color system. As such you can't force a user to use a specific username color. If they have the permission to use colors, they're free to pick whichever color they like. If they don't, previous color choices mustn't be taken into consideration, so no color will be displayed at all. In it's current Design you therefor can't force a user to use a specific color. If you want to do that, I recommend using user groups instead, that'll be the easiest way.

My second Interpretation seemed like you inteded to make additional colors available to certain user groups only. That's currently not possible and hasn't been taken into consideration when building this feature, so it's unlikely to be added anytime soon.

A valid point that came into my mind is, that it indeed is not possible to chance a users color in the ACP. As he'd be able to change it back right at the moment of your change though, I'm not sure what benefit actually adding that would yield.
Ah. Yea, with some other software, I believe SMF can, you can specify a color for a group, thought, why not possible in XF? Would help themeaticly.

on the edit user group page all you need to do is enter this line of text in the "User name css" box:

color: green;

and you're done. of course use any color you want instead of green

Top Bottom