Kindle free lending library at Amazon

I have a couple of Kindles and Prime Membership. The lending library doesn't look all that useful to me. Our public library here in Houston now loans ebooks for Kindle online. It is a much better deal and free. Check your local library.

Jeff

I have a couple of Kindles and Prime Membership. The lending library doesn't look all that useful to me. Our public library here in Houston now loans ebooks for Kindle online. It is a much better deal and free. Check your local library.

Jeff
I'm confused. How can it be a "better deal" than free?

// How can it be a "better deal" than free?

You currently have to be a "Prime" member with Amazon to use their loaner service. If I recall correctly, it is about $79 per year to be a Prime member. You can only loan one book at a time, one per week, and it must be on the approved list. The major publishers are not buying into the Amazon deal from what I have read.

The public library loaner program for Kindle and other ereaders is "free". Hence, a better deal.

Jeff

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Kindle and Prime membership supporter. I read a lot of books, both on the Kindle and hard copy. I just don't think Amazon's loan program is a deal maker.

Yeah, as I'm already a "Prime" member, whatever is available will be free. Hey; they're in business. One at a time/one per week works for me. Just have to see what titles come up. Yeah, not a "deal maker", just a beni.

Top Bottom