1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kindle free lending library at Amazon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grant sarver, Nov 7, 2011.

1. grant sarver

grant sarver Well-Known Member

Marcus likes this.
  2. fos

fos Active Member

I have a couple of Kindles and Prime Membership. The lending library doesn't look all that useful to me. Our public library here in Houston now loans ebooks for Kindle online. It is a much better deal and free. Check your local library.

3. grant sarver

I'm confused. How can it be a "better deal" than free?
  4. fos

fos Active Member

// How can it be a "better deal" than free?

You currently have to be a "Prime" member with Amazon to use their loaner service. If I recall correctly, it is about $79 per year to be a Prime member. You can only loan one book at a time, one per week, and it must be on the approved list. The major publishers are not buying into the Amazon deal from what I have read.

The public library loaner program for Kindle and other ereaders is "free". Hence, a better deal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big Kindle and Prime membership supporter. I read a lot of books, both on the Kindle and hard copy. I just don't think Amazon's loan program is a deal maker.
  5. grant sarver

Yeah, as I'm already a "Prime" member, whatever is available will be free. Hey; they're in business. One at a time/one per week works for me. Just have to see what titles come up. Yeah, not a "deal maker", just a beni.
  6. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing that offer !