Lack of interest Kier, Mike - Please offer a simple Article System

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

jörgk

hello kier and mike,

i have a suggestion. i have testet a lot in the last weeks with wordpress and xenforo.......your forum is really the burner!
but my biggest problem is, i need a article system, in that we can add all our news. all solutions with wordpress, joomla and other cms are not good (too slow, problems with the styles for 2 systems, problems with the bridges, and and). i must not have a full cms, all what i need is a small system, in that we can set our news in different categorys..........
we write every day more as 20-25 news about different games........that is our main content.

i have learned in the last years, that it is not good-to use 3 party addons( i didnt use addons on our sites), so is my suggestion:

please offer a small system, in that we can write news in xenforo( that we have a one solution for articles and forum).

sorry for my bad english.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
why not using jaxels portal, it works fine for that.

hello,

we write for a lot of games and we have for every game a own category with many subcategorys. as sample "rift" is the main category and then we have a lot of subcategorys for the "rift-category" rift-patchnotes,rift guides............

and that we have for over 30 games..........i cant use forums for that, i think.

XF has Pages and I doubt they will add anything more to the forum core. I think it's more likely an independent CMS will be worked on in a year or two or so.

I'd still try to make Wordpress work, or try a (payed) add-on.

XF has Pages and I doubt they will add anything more to the forum core. I think it's more likely an independent CMS will be worked on in a year or two or so.

I'd still try to make Wordpress work, or try a (payed) add-on.

wordpress...........have you seen the loadtime from a wordpress-site with 5000 articles+ ? or an article with with over 7000 words, in one article? forget it, wordpress is a nice system, if you write a article in one month :) all other you can forget, without caching-systems.......and if you use a caching system-no bridge is working. wp-no way for me.

why not use the forums directly.
and categorize by using Prefixes ?

i think if you add a lot of content, it is not usefull for the users.

i will look at the moment to jaxels portal..........but i think that is oldschool, to use forums for aticles.

really hard, that noone create a addon like vb-dynamics..........

sorry for my bad english!

I agree ... Wordpress.

I agree ... you'll have to wait until xenscript's bridge works with a caching system.

for me is wordpress not a option in the future............to many problems if you want create a community with a lot of software-scripts. i look now what we can do with jaxels portal and the prefixes here. if it not works, i jump back to vb3.8 and vb-dynamix. a other way, i cant see here, at the moment.

Yep, with that volume of content you really should be using something like Wordpress. A simple article system would be if you were doing an article every now and again, couple dozen articles a day, you should use Wordpress.

I have to second that.. but don't to what vBulletin did and rush it / add a VERY BUGGY article publishing feature.. XenForo is forum software.. lets make sure this product is rock solid and feature rich as possible first then worry about implementing a cms.

Plenty of options are available as it stands.. bridging wordpress, using the XenPorta mod, customizing templates and or setting pages as the default index page..

I have to second that.. but don't to what vBulletin did and rush it / add a VERY BUGGY article publishing feature.. XenForo is forum software.. lets make sure this product is rock solid and feature rich as possible first then worry about implementing a cms.

Plenty of options are available as it stands.. bridging wordpress, using the XenPorta mod, customizing templates and or setting pages as the default index page..

i must laugh about that. please take the time and bridge a wordpress to xen and then power a lot of content to wp............not 2 or 3 articles. i speak from 5000+ and see what happens with wp..........you have a pageload from 4-5 seconds of the indexpage (on a good server) and this without any users on the site. if you have many visitors on a heavy wp-site without caching system, you can restart all 10 minutes your servers. and at the moment we have no bridge, that works with a caching-system. please look first to the facts and then write your text. and imust not have something for my index-page. i must have something where our team, can write a lot of articles-->see above!

Something with 5000+ articles you aren't talking about a simple article system, you really should be looking at a full blown CMS system and paying someone to set up bridge for you.

On the other note that's being said though, I do believe the most recent version of xenscripts bridge works with the wordpress super cache plugin.

if you are publishing 20-25 articles a day :eek: thats a lot of articles. Maybe you should stick to the forum system. The only thing you should consider about how to display those content.

My suggestion:
  • Home Page (jaxel portal looks great)
  • Use widget to display threads from each category (maybe using RSS)

Never suggest Drupal. It is one of the worst scripts I have ever used, especially when you plan to integrate it into another platform.

I never used it, but I have been told it`s the best system..... at least when you are an experienced coder and know how to deal with it and put all those modules together.
I agree, when you are not a professional coder, you will get lost with drupal.
http://buytaert.net/tag/fortune-500

I never used it, but I have been told it`s the best system..... at least when you are an experienced coder and know how to deal with it and put all those modules together.
I agree, when you are not a professional coder, you will get lost with drupal.
http://buytaert.net/tag/fortune-500
Nearly every professional programmer I know despises Drupal, and the ones that do are usually the time that focus entirely on one software. When it comes to integrating Drupal with anything, its an absolute nightmare and really more of a hassle than its worth.

if you are publishing 20-25 articles a day :eek: thats a lot of articles. Maybe you should stick to the forum system. The only thing you should consider about how to display those content.

My suggestion:
  • Home Page (jaxel portal looks great)
  • Use widget to display threads from each category (maybe using RSS)

hi,

i played a little with it. frontpage is ok.........problem is the slider, we use always the same pictures for a game as sample for wow we use always the wow-logo, for aion-we use always the aion logo......

and then what is with all the categorys? forum is good, it is fast and stable! the problem is, that user find then something, you cant organize it like in a cms......i will sleep over that. i have at the moment only 3 chances, back to use jaxels system, vb3 and vb-dyna, or give up :) ip-board i never use again :)

Top Bottom