Keyword Replace by Waindigo [Deleted]

There is a bug in this AddOn. It seems the AddOn try to replace inside a replacement.

Example: I have two replacements

1) Replace Audi with <a href="mydomain.com/audi-and-bmw">Audi</a>
2) Replace BMW with <a href="mydomain.com/audi-and-bmw">BMW</a>

The Result of this will be this:

<a href="mydomain.com/audi-and-<a href="mydomain.com/audi-and-bmw">BMW</a>">Audi</a>

You can workaround this by having 3 replacements:

1) Replace Audi with SomeReplacmentText
2) Replace BMW with SomeReplacementText
3) Replace SomeReplacementText with <a href="mydomain.com/audi-and-bmw">Audi and BMW</a>

or 4 replacements:

1) Replace Audi with SomeReplacmentText1
2) Replace BMW with SomeReplacementText2
3) Replace SomeReplacementText1 with <a href="mydomain.com/audi-and-bmw">Audi</a>
4) Replace SomeReplacementText2 with <a href="mydomain.com/audi-and-bmw">BMW</a>

Fixing this would require somebody to contribute as this was only ever intended to be a simple replacement add-on.

hi,

is it possible to replace keywords not on all topics
for exemple only replace in thread that have more than 1 year
or can we set from thread id X to thread id Y

thank you

hi,

is it possible to replace keywords not on all topics
for exemple only replace in thread that have more than 1 year
or can we set from thread id X to thread id Y

thank you
Currently thread specific options aren't present in this add-on, please PM me if you would like to contribute to add this.

dear Waindigo,
is there a EXPORT/IMPORT procedure you can point me out please? I need to redound those keywords to replace from a site to another :)

thanks mate

I've updated to 1.0.3a and it shows as installed 1.0.3a, but it appears always again as "outdated" in Add-on Install & Upgrade even if I upgrade again.

I've updated to 1.0.3a and it shows as installed 1.0.3a, but it appears always again as "outdated" in Add-on Install & Upgrade even if I upgrade again.
This feature in Install & Upgrade is still being tested to some extent, as long as you have the most up-to-date version that is stated on here all's good.

@Waindigo, lately when I try to update any of the keywords I get the following error:

Error
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.
Logging in and out of the admin panel doesn't help neither doesn't clearing my cookies, there's no server errors logged, when I go back to the previous page it will not automatically add the next keyword box after entering a field, and regardless won't save because of the message above. Any ideas at all?

Side point, but is there anyway to stop the keyword replacement from looking inside [IMG] and [URL] tags and screwing up links/images when it finds a match?

@Jon W I am currently testing this addon and finding the following issues:
1) It does not replace if the keyword has a ' in it. For example i might have a name with a ' in there.
2) There seems to be some sort of limitation on the number of keywords it can replace. I have put in around 150 keywords to replace, and it is giving me the same error as @DeviateDefiant above
Code:
Error
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.
When i remove a keyword, i can then add the last one in again.

Top Bottom