Resource icon

KeyCAPTCHA - Interactive CAPTCHA 2.2

No permission to download
Well I got this working again after what I assume was an issue on the keycaptcha site.

My next question is how do I remove your facebook like icon, I don't care if you have "key captcha" logo, but I don't really want your facebook icon there when users are trying to sign up to my site.

Hopefully this gets answered. :)
You need to buy the unbranded version from them via their website

When I upgraded to xenforo 1.1.4, keycaptcha stopped working. I checked and saw that keycaptcha was no longer selected in my user registration settings so I turned it back on then I reuploaded the keycaptcha files.

When I upgraded to xenforo 1.1.4, keycaptcha stopped working. I checked and saw that keycaptcha was no longer selected in my user registration settings so I turned it back on then I reuploaded the keycaptcha files.
I also had a similar issue with this. The option to even turn it on was missing on mine, so I had to re-install it. I've since removed keycaptcha as it's only displaying in Chrome, and not Firefox/Waterfox/IE (n)

I also had a similar issue with this. The option to even turn it on was missing on mine, so I had to re-install it. I've since removed keycaptcha as it's only displaying in Chrome, and not Firefox/Waterfox/IE (n)
noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello MattW,

We would appreciate if you would open a support ticket at www.keycaptcha.com
After that we will try to help you.

The reason is that we don't have issues in any modern browsers.
Maybe the issue was in the templates of your website.

Best regards,
KeyCAPTCHA

Hello MattW,

We would appreciate if you would open a support ticket at www.keycaptcha.com
After that we will try to help you.

The reason is that we don't have issues in any modern browsers.
Maybe the issue was in the templates of your website.

Best regards,
KeyCAPTCHA
I'll re-install it and try again, but I can assure you it was not working on any browser user than Chrome, as we had no registrations for several days because of it.

Wasn't able to reinstall. Got this error.

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'captcha' for key 'PRIMARY'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Captcha/KeyCaptcha.php at line 178
  4. XenForo_Captcha_KeyCaptcha::KeyCAPTCHA_Install()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in ConvEss/Model/AddOn.php at line 24
  7. ConvEss_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 212
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Hello DRE,

What did you mean?
Did you see any issues in your Firefox/Waterfox/IE ?

Best regards,
KeyCAPTCHA
I got it working again in both FireFox/Google Chrome and IE. All I did was uninstall it re-upload files, reinstall it and set my options again (entered the private key and chose keycaptcha in AdminCP/User Registration)
I'll re-install it and try again, but I can assure you it was not working on any browser user than Chrome, as we had no registrations for several days because of it.
Try doing what I did.

I've re-done it all as well on my test side, and it's now displaying again in all browsers.

I'm going to leave it a few days before putting it back on my live site, as I can't have several days where people are unable to register again.

Reactions: DRE
I've re-done it all as well on my test side, and it's now displaying again in all browsers.
we had the same issues but even after a complete reinstall, Firefox is still not working...just running in circles for hours... Chrome seems to be fine
MediaPortal-_Titan_000340.webp

we had the same issues but even after a complete reinstall, Firefox is still not working...just running in circles for hours... Chrome seems to be fine
View attachment 44157
Have you also tried the demo on their site? When I was having issues in Firefox etc, I tried their site, and that wasn't working either. I've not re-enabled it on my forum.

You need their latest version of this... I had an issue, then upgraded to their latest version and no more issue. You may simply need to uninstall it, then reinstall as new, and it will show again correctly.

I specifically had the issue when activating one paid option... then it stopped. So I had to uninstall, reinstall, then generated a new key and the options appeared again in XF and all worked fine.

That was probably the problem I had, but they never tell you that they have released an update. It's working OK on my dev site after I installed the latest version from their site.

can't see any update, the files in the latest package from their site are still from Sept. 2012. Also it was a complete reinstall as said above (deinstall, install, new key, settings aso).
Won't reenable it too for now. It was working nicely to prevent spam before adding some other spamchecks but we need something 100% reliable (so back to Q&A).

Top Bottom