XF 1.2 Keeping the red counter at inbox

Alexey.P

Hello,

Every time I get online and I see like 20 new messages, one I go over the Inbox at the menu the red counter disappear and gone even tho I haven't read any single conversation.

How is it possible to keep the counter up-to-date, and once I read all the 20 new messages, it will go off?

Here is an example of a forum I'm a member on that seem to have this feature:
https://forums.digitalpoint.com

On your own site or here?

If on your own site, disable any add-ons and try in an unedited default style.

The unread conversation count will always show.

I guess the red alert disappears when you hover over the Alerts-box , even if you have not gone and have read the forum-posts ?

Last edited:
Read the first post and the thread title - this applies to unread conversations, not other alerts.

Unread conversation alerts don't disappear until the conversations are read.

On your own site or here?

If on your own site, disable any add-ons and try in an unedited default style.

The unread conversation count will always show.
Hi Brogan,

I meant at my own site/xenforo.

So when I have 20 unread convo's and yet, I hover the Inbox tab it wont disappear (keeping the red counter with the number of unread convo's) and once I get in there and read 2, getting out of the forum and go back, I'll see 18 at the counter.

Right now,

When ever I hover the the Inbox or even the Alerts tab, the counter simply disappear, just like that.

If on your own site then it will be an add-on or style related issue.

Disable all add-ons and try in an unedited default style.

You will have to troubleshoot to try and determine what the cause is.

The style most likely hasn't been updated for 1.2.

You can try doing it yourself but this unfortunately is one of the drawbacks of relying on third party add-ons and styles.

Any one know a mod to keep unread Alerts count even if I hover with the mouse?

It is very, very annoying that I have for example 20 alerts, then once I dropdown menu when I hover with the mouse, the Red Balloon is gone, even if I haven't read any thing..

The unread status of messages can only be marked as read by actually reading the message. Since alerts don't necessarily require an action from the user, or proper read status of an alert (ie, if I'm quoted in a post, it doesn't mean I've actually seen the alert if the thread is marked as read).

Top Bottom