XF 2.0 Keep Whats New menu tab selected

ibaker

When selecting the various ares with the Whats New section the main menu tabs jump between the different section specific to the Whats New area you are looking at. For example when in Whats New and you select New Media, the Media menu tab is shown selected, new forum posts and the Forum menu tab is shown selected.

Instead of it jumping around when in the Whats New section, what do I need to edit to keep the Whats New menu tab shown as being selected...thanks for your help

In XF1 the section context of a page could only be edited by making changes to PHP code.

In XF2 you can change it in the template:
HTML:
<xf:page option="section" value="whatsNew" />
For example, adding that to whats_new_posts will ensure the "whatsNew" public navigation entry is selected when the New posts page is being viewed.

As always thanks Chris for your help...it just seemed to me better to keep all the Whats New together instead of flicking the menu all around the place which on feedback only confuses the users

Worth noting that the equivalent pages in XF1 did the same thing.

New posts highlighted Forums, New profile posts highlighted Members, New resources highlighted Resources etc.

But at least it's easier to change this time, it was pretty much hard coded in XF1.

Yes I know about trying to change it in v1.x however I had overcome that with my side column menu system that everyone liked as it also didn't jump around however to recreate that menu system again as it is far harder to understand the XFv2 template coding
1.webp

Thanks again for your help

Hi everyone, hi Chris (@Chris D ),

I would like to do something similar with XFRM in XF 2.1.

I have created an additionnal menu linked to XFRM categories with manual entries.

Instead of having only the usual menu tab "Resources", I have :
  • "Professionnal resources" : The original XFRM menu tab including additionnal menus linked to XFRM categories
  • "Private resources" : A new menu created from scratch including menus linked to XFRM categories

When I click on a sub menu of the "Private resources" menu tab, it activate the "Professionnal resources" menu tab which is my original XFRM menu tab.
Is there a way to make the "Private resources" menu tab activated when a category listed in this menu is clicked?

Thanks

Hi Bassman,
Thanks for your answer.
That is what I would like to do but for a Xenforo Resource Manager category, not for a forum element.
Unfortunately this option is not available for a XFRM category.
Thanks
David

That's a shame.
I was hoping that a method like the one explained by Chris here could be possible :

Top Bottom