Keep sidebar on forum and thread view?

RickM

Anyone tried or know if its possible to show the sidebar for other views? Ideally I want to show inside forums, on threads and obviously on the new post/new thread page too.

Any ideas?

EDIT FFS...I've gotta stop posting here. The template system is too easy to figure out! :D

Ok - anyone stuck on this, do the following:

If you put this at the bottom of say thread_view, you'll get a sidebar. Not tried putting propper data in it yet tho.

HTML:
<xen:sidebar>THIS IS MY SIDEBAR</xen:sidebar>

The sidebar is applied using <xen:sidebar>content</xen:sidebar>

You will need to make some template edits though.

So, you can simply put <xen:sidebar>content</xen:sidebar> and you'll get a sidebar.

But, how can you pull the 'who's online' and 'stats' onto those sidebars?

So, you can simply put <xen:sidebar>content</xen:sidebar> and you'll get a sidebar.

But, how can you pull the 'who's online' and 'stats' onto those sidebars?

You would need to create an addon to do this for users online and stats, as the board stats and online variables are registered to the forum_list template and not other templates.

I'm guessing this thread pre-dates the ad templates? I was pleasantly surprised to see that if a sidebar is activated, the sidebar ads automatically show up. For just ads I need no content, only this:

HTML:
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
    <xen:sidebar>
    </xen:sidebar>
</xen:if>

The "Sign Up Now!" button also seems to appear by default in any sidebar for an unregistered user. :)

Top Bottom