Lack of interest Keep search-keywords at advanced search

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Would be nice, yes.

But how often do you really perform individual searches with the same keyword in several content types?
I honestly can't remember a single time I did this.

The interface isn't ideal anyway - you can search all content types at once on one tab or one content type at a time on other tabs.
It would be better if this was just one search form that allowed to search all or just selected content types with specific options for thoses thyes.

Internally, this would have to perform N searches if N content types are selected with specific options and merge all those results together for final output.

Last edited:
Would be nice, yes.

But how often do you really perform individual searches with the same keyword in several content types?

Every time. At first I type in the keywords and then I want to search for resources. And then I type it in again.
Especially in mobile mode.

Same here. I type in the search. Then find out that I need only threads not posts. or other content type. And have to type it again.

This is doing my head in too. Ten years of using this software and I'm still clicking advanced search and then cursing as my search term is not carried over.

Top Bottom