Kayako Integration [Deleted]

We basically have a kayako help desk fully setup and used for various stats around the company - so allowing us to reference the kayako database for users to single sign on and have ticket data on the forum would be perfect.

im getting round to this in sorry but iv been so busy with private work and other things.
I have to take paid work before any free things.

I'll pay (depending on price) for you to integrate this to XF using the Kayako DB, rather than the XF DB.

I.E. > Allowing single sign on from Kayako to XenForo.

Likewise. You will definitely receive a donation from us. As we urgently need a SSO solution/integration between our current Kayako Support Suite and XenForo "hub". Ideally we want to reference the Kayako Database, as that's where all our clients are stored and details relating to their issues/feature requests.

Last edited:
hi sorry for the delay

iv looked into this and as far as i can tell you should be able to use these files to login share without it being on the same database as kayako reads the xml file so all you should need to do is edit the ldap.php file and add xml cross site access and it should work.
This has not been tested but adding this
HTML:
<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain="www.mysite.com" />
<allow-access-from domain="mysite.com" />
</cross-domain-policy>
after this
HTML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

if anyone tries this and it works i will add it into the next release and have new options for ( allow-access-from domain= )

hi sorry for the delay

iv looked into this and as far as i can tell you should be able to use these files to login share without it being on the same database as kayako reads the xml file so all you should need to do is edit the ldap.php file and add xml cross site access and it should work.
This has not been tested but adding this
HTML:
<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain="www.mysite.com" />
<allow-access-from domain="mysite.com" />
</cross-domain-policy>
after this
HTML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

if anyone tries this and it works i will add it into the next release and have new options for ( allow-access-from domain= )
So if we installed this - logins can go from forum.mydomain.com to support.mydomain.com (XF > Kayako) - can this also go in reverse too?

I will donate to you (a nice sum too) to enable single sign on across both platforms :)

Dan

So if we installed this - logins can go from forum.mydomain.com to support.mydomain.com (XF > Kayako) - can this also go in reverse too?

I will donate to you (a nice sum too) to enable single sign on across both platforms :)

Dan
as i said this has not been tested but yes it should work as you said from site a to site b as long as you add the cross domain to the xml as in last post.
if this works i will make the changes to the next release.

im not sure if it will do it both ways but you could disable the signup on the kayako system or change the url to the signup button to point to your forum signup

as i said this has not been tested but yes it should work as you said from site a to site b as long as you add the cross domain to the xml as in last post.
if this works i will make the changes to the next release.

im not sure if it will do it both ways but you could disable the signup on the kayako system or change the url to the signup button to point to your forum signup
Did you manage to test it?

Not too keen on doing this on my site as it's used 24/7

Top Bottom