Kairospot.net - Gaming Guides/Fansite

Steve10

This site was created in early July after a conversation between me and the owner. We grabbed a Xenforo license and after what has been a lot of hard work and some changes we've really got going now (atleast in our mind). The site is a wordpress and xenforo based site with a bridge. Anyway I was hoping for some suggestions/critiques and any other useful stuff anyone else would like to say.

Kairospot.net Main Page
Kairospot.net Forum/Community

Recently found that F1 game made by Kairosoft on the iphone and I was addicted as hell.

As for the site, it looks great - on my version of firefox (7.0.1) the header is a bit squif

Screen Shot 2011-10-28 at 8.26.19 AM.webp

Otherwise it looks great!

Yeah, that link isn't connected at the minute for different media types because we haven't managed to get all the content we need to fill them at the moment, I'm going to either make a push for that soon or delete all those links. I'll look at fixing the sidebar as well, just can't seem to find the right thing to change at the moment.

@crazyfruitbat, What does a bit squif mean?

Thanks for helping out.

I think I've now fixed that completely (it now shows up perfectly for me no matter how low resolution screen I use) but if you could check again that would be good.
Yes that's fixed.

What I mean by squif is that they aren't aligned properly. On the front page, the header and menu do not float, though on the forum pages they float to the left outside of the margin and not parallel to the container of the forum

Nice, one question: how to create that effect of streaks on the menu header and other securities, using the image header-bg.png to repeat?

Hugs!

I think that's something you might have to do in photoshop or something similar, it's not a simple setting change I don't think.

Forsaken has just restyled the entire forum, with some really nice new features and it seems to be loading quicker as well, so please have another look and tell me what you think. Some stuff is only available to those logged in but I'll include a screenshot.

kairosoft02.webp

Nice how to put that information at the top? another question how to put the inbox and alerts up there?

Hugs!

It was a custom style made for us by Forsaken, I think it's something that is going to be included in a new Xenique framework, so if you wait for them to release that with their premium styles I'm sure you'll be able to get something like that.

Thanks for posting this up Steve! :D

Sorry to bump my own site, just wanted to say we have changed quite a bit and would love it if people would check it out again and give us some new feedback.

The site is of course not done, or close to done, but we have worked quite a bit on it.

Click here for the home page or here for the forum.

We launched July '11 and have close to 6k members now with over 22k posts. We get tons of traffic, but are still working on activity.

Love what you've done there. Nice colours, cute logo. Good job. There's been some customization done there and done well :)
Thank you, we are constantly working to improve it. The colors are based off of our niche so it was a pretty easy decision. Thanks again!

Just a small update.

We are now at 16,600 members / 33,000 posts / 2,600 threads

We are doing a complete site overhaul on June 1st, and hope it will bring us more new members as well :)

I like your site. Very colorful. I like your registration function and button. You've disabled the dropdown login which is what I want to do as well. Nice!

This site was created in early July after a conversation between me and the owner. We grabbed a Xenforo license and after what has been a lot of hard work and some changes we've really got going now (atleast in our mind). The site is a wordpress and xenforo based site with a bridge. Anyway I was hoping for some suggestions/critiques and any other useful stuff anyone else would like to say.

Kairospot.net Main Page
Kairospot.net Forum/Community
Can we get the first post updated soon? After the new style probably.

Top Bottom